Top 15 polluters

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
So, it is revealed that the top 25 compnies responsible for pollution are pretty much all petrol companies. Well, no sh Sherlock.
It is all their fault. Really? Is it not a supply and demand industry? If we didn't want it, there would be no market for it. Heck, you can advertise petrol all you want, but if I don't drive, I am not buying it.

I am not sure why this is news, and why they are viewed as villains.

Society as a whole has a lot to answer for, but fobbing it off onto big business? Not convinced.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I guess it is only 20 odd races, so 15 or so planes ish every other week. Nothing like cruise ships, or commercial flights. These go thousands of times a day. But we all love a foreign holiday.

The disposable society has a lot to answer for, be it new phones, new cars, holidays, single use plastics, packaging, etc. In years to come people will look back at the 2000s and query how we squandered the worlds resources.

I am not for living in a tent, and accept that there are worse culprits out there, mainly the USA, but heck, we are all doing our bit to squander resource. It is not limitless.

But back to my post, it is flipping obvious that the companies responsible for the most pollution would be oil producers. They make it, we burn it.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Usual Shell, BP, Amoco, type stuff. It's what they produce, that then contributes to pollution. But with out them, we would be in the stone ages.