Toilet manners........... or lack of them.

Would you rather....

• play bad golf?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • watch good golf?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
This thresd is eerily wierd. I was talking abut this with one of the admin girls at work.

I always wash but realised that as I left the toilet, the amount of people that don't wash have contaminated the door handle that I am opening.

Should be pivotted doors that open both ways so you don't have to grab an handle.

T you're definately not alone. I know someone that puts tissues on the toilet seat.

evita4

Head Pro
Visit site
Kinda comes with the territory as I work in a hospital. I am even more paranoid than you guys though. I won't touch lift buttons or door handles or hand rails with my bare hands. Its not hospital staff passing infections round its the patients. They should be hosed down before before they enter the premises. Dirty bast£$rds some of them.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
evita4,

I know what you mean. I work in recruitment so don't always get out and about but I look after the medical section which covers areas like CCU, stroke unit, Berkshire Cancer Centre, eldery care and respiratory wards. I do go to visit ward sisters and managers regularly and I am acutely aware of the areas I am going into so I make sure the protective gel is used on entering and leaving the ward.

I am also acutely aware of washing my hands given my working environment although fortunately we have staff only toilets (code activated) so ours tend to be a reasonable standard. Some of the ones for general use do look disgusting and I'm certain lots of Reading (and surrounding districts) finest who use our services do not follow simple hygene rules after going to the toilet and then kick up a fuss when their nearest and dearest get an infection. Take a look in the mirror!!!!

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Its a pet hate of mine too madandra, even when your in a loo with your kids when they are just 2 or 3 yrs old and you make a point of highlighting the reasons for washing hands to children and you see fellas just P*** dribble then P*** off, you just know that is the same man who doesnt wash after a number two and the same man who may be serving dinner to friends that evening?? :(

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
evita4,

I know what you mean. I work in recruitment so don't always get out and about but I look after the medical section which covers areas like CCU, stroke unit, Berkshire Cancer Centre, eldery care and respiratory wards. I do go to visit ward sisters and managers regularly and I am acutely aware of the areas I am going into so I make sure the protective gel is used on entering and leaving the ward.

I am also acutely aware of washing my hands given my working environment although fortunately we have staff only toilets (code activated) so ours tend to be a reasonable standard. Some of the ones for general use do look disgusting and I'm certain lots of Reading (and surrounding districts) finest who use our services do not follow simple hygene rules after going to the toilet and then kick up a fuss when their nearest and dearest get an infection. Take a look in the mirror!!!!

Im with you Homer, I have to go for checkups every 6 months and every time its the same, Myself, the wife and the kids take pleasure in getting the hand gel as we walk into the reception area and equally the same as we leave, but when you sit waiting your turn it is just unreal the number of people who just walk on by, then go visit sick relatives. :mad:No doubt his family were in with Arsephyxia. :D

big_russ

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have always said that it is not the actual cleanliness of hospitals that is to blame for all the superbugs etc. but the dirty filthy relatives that bring in god knows what with them. They come in their droves with their manky kids and lounge all over the wards and beds and then kick up a stink when the patients catch something.
I have been in and out of hospital quite a lot the past few years with one thing and another and it just pishes me off.

The_Squire

Head Pro
Visit site
It has to be wash and go, when I am in work I have to wash my hands before I go because of the ink/oil/chemicals that I might have on my hands and don't want to transfer to other parts of my body. :eek:
Quite often other people I work with don't wash

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
you just know that is the same man who doesnt wash after a number two and the same man who may be serving dinner to friends that evening?? :(

Or even coming back into the bar and shoving his hand into the shared bowl of peanuts or crisps..............

flandango

Head Pro
Visit site
I understand the whole cleanliness issue, being a plumber I wash my hands about 20 times a day.

On the issue of telling people to wash if they sometimes forget.

If someone said to me 'oi come back here and wash your hands' they would def get flushed!!!! except for if it was my mum.!