Titleist surefit hosel ?

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I've just got myself a mint 915 driver but struggling to understand the surefit settings. I understand the loft but not the lie :mmm: seems it doesn't close or open the face more upright and flat, can anyone explain it in laymans terms ??

surefit-5050-driver-RH-loft.jpg

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The chosen lie depends upon your height as the basic starting point, how you stand and how much the shaft flexes towards you in the swing.

If you are around 5'8" use standard as you start point. A1 is neutral A2 and closes the club face and B1 opens the club face. At same time using these settings also changes the lie. Personally I would always adjust to the loft you want rather than face angle and adjust face angle by simply turning the club round in your grip. Adjusting face angles has to affect other things simply because of the mechanics of how these adjusters work.

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've just got myself a mint 915 driver but struggling to understand the surefit settings. I understand the loft but not the lie :mmm: seems it doesn't close or open the face more upright and flat, can anyone explain it in laymans terms ??

View attachment 23991

but above all to remember these settings are designed to do this to a pretty smallish effect with a good center strike & a swing path that is pretty neutral so near the 0º of the target line & with a swing that delvers reasonable dynamic loft & at least a level-ish AoA to tad up +AoA

get funky with club head delivery at impact either with path or AoA or dynamic loft or face angle - or funky with some or all of these things - then the settings won't override the delivery pattern conditions at impact

A! is standard or neutral - how it comes when bought new - so straight-ish ball flight with a launch angle to give what titleist deem to be normal type peak height flight

if you want to hit the ball higher & fade go up the grid but right of the thick black line so 2 settings to choose from top right square would be highest loft setting to favor left to right flight - fade

if want to hit the ball higher but neutral straight ball then the 2 boxes directly above the A1 setting

want to hit the ball higher but favor a right to left draw shape again go up from A1 but to the 4 boxes/settings that are in the top left corner of the grid
the top line is the highest flight/loft the 2 boxes on the extreme left out of those 4 will favor more curvature right to left (draw)

settings on the same line level as A1 so similar height flight & the box on the right of A1 is the fade setting & 2 boxes/settings to the left of A1 are draw settings

go down a line from A1 for the settings to lower the flight again right of the black line is one setting for lower flight & fade

directly under A1 is 1 setting to lower flight but neutral straight flight

the 2 boxes on bottom line to the left are lower flight & draw settings

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Wow coach that's quite an explanation.

It's currently sitting on A2, which I though would be fine but I'm only 5.9 so that sounds a bit upright for my height ?? Ideally I'd prefer a draw rather than fade shape.

I've watched that vid but didn't explain it all to much when wanting draw bias, nor does it mention anything about player height.

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wow coach that's quite an explanation.

It's currently sitting on A2, which I though would be fine but I'm only 5.9 so that sounds a bit upright for my height ?? Ideally I'd prefer a draw rather than fade shape.

I've watched that vid but didn't explain it all to much when wanting draw bias, nor does it mention anything about player height.

okay would leave it there & have a play with it
as that's strongest draw bias at what titleist have designed to be pretty norm flight trajectory & peak height

wouldn't worry so much over your height as the ball is up on a high tee - so to a certain extent the 'lie' is not as important as it would be for balls hit off of the ground