Titleist Stadry cart bag 2017 - rain hood issues with trolley

mikseymono

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hello!

Be gentle...this is my first post!

So, long story short, wanted a Titleist Stadry Cart bag last year, went to have a look at one in a shop and the zippered rain hood opened upwards i.e towards the rain...not very good when on a trolley, but fine for a cart as it is stored vertically.

So, does anyone know if a new 2017 version has a better hood?

If not what would you recommend? I prefer Titleist but want something against the elements.

Many thanks,

M

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The Sun Mountain H2NO bags get a lot of love here, I love mine. Cart bags with 14-way dividers are available but I have the carry bag with Cart Friendly Base. Sits fine on my Powakaddy trolley and it means that if I fancy carrying sometimes (just a quick 9 for example) I don't have to swap all my gear around. Very weather-proof.

Welcome aboard, by all means introduce yourself to the gang, they don't bite.

Much.

Get posting!

mikseymono

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The zip is waterproofed I believe so it won't leak

The zip maybe waterproof, but you are still opening it skywards and then the rain will come in....................maybe I am getting all in a bother about it as when it rains I have my umbrella up as well...........just for a high profile waterproof bag it is a bit clunky with the rain cover....maybe I shall just press that button and move on!

Thanks for the welcome......thats my Sunday night sorted then...

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The zip maybe waterproof, but you are still opening it skywards and then the rain will come in....................maybe I am getting all in a bother about it as when it rains I have my umbrella up as well...........just for a high profile waterproof bag it is a bit clunky with the rain cover....maybe I shall just press that button and move on!

Thanks for the welcome......thats my Sunday night sorted then...

I've had one of these for 2 seasons and can say hand on heart that the zip is no issue at all

m10johnson

Head Pro
Visit site
Hello!

So, long story short, wanted a Titleist Stadry Cart bag last year, went to have a look at one in a shop and the zippered rain hood opened upwards i.e towards the rain...not very good when on a trolley, but fine for a cart as it is stored vertically.

If not what would you recommend? I prefer Titleist but want something against the elements.

Many thanks,

M

The 2017 version does have an updated zip. Alternatively, if you have an older version, we can send you a replacement hood with the new zip style.

mikseymono

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The 2017 version does have an updated zip. Alternatively, if you have an older version, we can send you a replacement hood with the new zip style.

Hello!

Well, this is THE answer I was hoping for....when you say updated, what do you mean? Double zip? Opens underneath.....wanting to buy v soon and my 'local' golf club bod has me convinced that there will be no change....however, I was convinced there would be one.....thanks in advance...M

mikseymono

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks but I'm all Titleist me! Waiting to hear back from m10johnson on the specifics......seems my local rep could have been pulling a fast one to get me to buy other stock!

Thanks all the same!

M

mikseymono

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ok Team...

So I have an answer as I spoke to a Titleist UK rep today...there is a new revised version but will not be out until 23 April. I spoke to the Titleist Netherlands today and they said the 15th January, but they can not send one out to me...then a UK online retailer and they said 15th Jan.....all a bit confusing....got all this xmas cash in my pocket burning a hole and can't seem to get someone to take it!

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Would be interested in buying a new hood if the above possible.

This is the only minor gripemail I have with my bag. Otherwise a brilliant product.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hello!

Many thanks,

M

Have one. Know exactly what you mean.

The way the bag mounts, and the fact it's on angle, means it effectively opens facing skywards.

The sky is the prevailing direction of the rain round my way :)

swany

Visit site

Is it possible to arrange an alternative hood as a replacement to the 2017 Titleist Stadry Cart bag? I try not to use the waterproof bag when it rains as it's impossible to keep the clubs dry.

I've been dealing with the issue for a while now and didn't know it might be possible to arrange a replacement until I read this thread.

Thanks

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
After years with stadry/h2no (same bag just rebranded) I got fed up with the quality and went aquaflex from motocaddy, I wouldn’t go back.

Generally the bag is better designed in all areas and a few months in I can only give a couple negative points based on their stand hybrid model

1) it could really do with a glove velcro tab for hot weather.
2) I miss the sharpie slot that was on the last stadry I had
3) colour scheme are very plain

if I was to list why it’s better we’d be here until Christmas