Titleist bag rubbing

DuckHookDave

Visit site
Hi fellow golfers!
I have a minor problem with my new set up and would like your opinions on this. I have purchased a new cart bag a trolley. Titleist stadry cart bag and Powakaddy CT6 trolley.
I have used this for around 8 rounds and ever since the first, I have noticed the bag rubbing on the trolley. The poppers to secure the rain hood run on the trolley mounts. But then the trolley mounts rub on the bag and are starting to wear it down.
As you can see from the photos I initially tried some bicycle inner tube to stop this, but it wore straight through. I have now added some canvas belt underneath to try stop this, but haven’t been out to test yet.
Just wondering if anyone has had similar problems, or can think of a way to prevent this.
Thank you!
https://i.postimg.cc/vBR0J5BL/F7190-F7-E-6-A96-442-B-83-B9-E184-B9284-F61.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/TYSgNfhn/E50-D86-E1-FB84-4-B8-C-9466-75-DAEAF558-ED.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/7hHn49y7/23-B6-E2-DA-A5-ED-4-FD6-8-A16-DF5473-D6-ECE0.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/dQ58d8YH/28-AE5-A05-60-AD-4699-BF4-C-0-B33-EAC792-E6.jpg

Mandofred

Visit site
I thought this was going to be about Titleist golf bags rubbing club shafts. My last bag was horrible at it. My latest isn't very good either.

DuckHookDave

Visit site
I think the answer lies with getting the bag sitting slightly higher up the trolley.
I believe one of the brands does an accessory that clips on to where the bottom of the bag sits, not sure what brand though.
Maybe a simple piece of wood/plastic wedged under where the bag sits would do the job?

I believe the accessory is for clicgear push trolleys so they won't fit unfortunately.
Lifting the bag so it sits higher is another option, but then the trolley mounts are above the reinforced part of the bag where the poppers are

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is this not more a case of the trolley causing the issue?
Could you not stick some micro fibre cloth on the trolley points of contact with the bag?

M.Harmon

Visit site
I have a similar issue. I got the CT6 and a PING Pioneer last week. Because the top of the bag is square it does not sit properly in the top bracket. What does not help is the folding 'wings' of the bracket do not stop rotating back like on my Clicgear. The bag is offset to one side with one wing on the side and one on the bottom. I am going to try some foam or the Clicgear bag cozy thing. Also the battery rattles on our cart paths so going to try some sticky back foam strip around the battery.

DuckHookDave

Visit site
I have a similar issue. I got the CT6 and a PING Pioneer last week. Because the top of the bag is square it does not sit properly in the top bracket. What does not help is the folding 'wings' of the bracket do not stop rotating back like on my Clicgear. The bag is offset to one side with one wing on the side and one on the bottom. I am going to try some foam or the Clicgear bag cozy thing. Also the battery rattles on our cart paths so going to try some sticky back foam strip around the battery.

Thats a similar problem to mine then, where the top of the bag is more of a square shape than round. To solve mine I have cut a piece of bicycle inner tube and slid over the wings (it was tight so had to use a hair dryer to soften the tube). The cut a piece if fabric belt and slid this under the inner tube. It has worked for mine to stop the rubbing, and does not stand out. You wouldn't even know it was on there. The battery rattle I have noticed but only in the car park or cart paths so doesn't bother me

M.Harmon

Visit site
Thats a similar problem to mine then, where the top of the bag is more of a square shape than round. To solve mine I have cut a piece of bicycle inner tube and slid over the wings (it was tight so had to use a hair dryer to soften the tube). The cut a piece if fabric belt and slid this under the inner tube. It has worked for mine to stop the rubbing, and does not stand out. You wouldn't even know it was on there. The battery rattle I have noticed but only in the car park or cart paths so doesn't bother me
Luckily I don't have the popper issue that you have, just the bag's shape causing an issue. I just need to make the bag more rounded where it contacted the bracket. If the foam works as a cushion I may get my sister to make a small cover for them so they last. I found some neoprene sticky back strip on ebay and will try that on the battery because the rattle annoys me. For such an expensive piece of gear you would have thought any bag could be used without issue.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I thought this was going to be about Titleist golf bags rubbing club shafts. My last bag was horrible at it. My latest isn't very good either.
When I saw the title, I thought it was going to be about some weird kind of fetish?

More seriously, some thick-ish microfibre (or felt or something similar) stuck on the trolley support ought to do it.