Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16999

So, the new and improved Pro V1 and Pro V1x are due in the shops friday at an MRSP of £51.00 per dozen, will you be rushing out to buy them and what are you expecting to get back in relation to your game?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not at that price and to be honest prefer the Bridgestone RX330 as my premium ball of choice. Got load of the older Pro V models left and doubt very much off 12 I'd see any difference in performance

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
So, the new and improved Pro V1 and Pro V1x are due in the shops friday at an MRSP of £51.00 per dozen, will you be rushing out to buy them and what are you expecting to get back in relation to your game?

I'm just hoping to see some deal on the older models and maybe keep an eye out for Practice stamped ones.

Any premium ball in the £25 or below bracket will have me reaching for the wallet.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
1. Nobody will be paying £51 - that's RRP. Expect 39.99 in the shops

2. I doubt I would see any tangible difference from the previous incarnation.

3. I have so many balls kicking around I won't be buying any for a year or 2.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm just hoping to see some deal on the older models and maybe keep an eye out for Practice stamped ones.

Any premium ball in the £25 or below bracket will have me reaching for the wallet.

Few places doing them a £30/dozen think that's about as low as titleist will "allow".

I have 3 doz left so no need to try new ones yet but there won't be many paying £51, that's also the same RRP of existing model no price hike.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Still got five dozen of the current batch to get through. Went to the states last year so stocked up on them. I cannot see them being that much different anyway. Played with a guy yesterday and he was using one of the original models and that went alright.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
my good lady gave me two boxes of last years version for Christmas, so those will do me for the year along with the ones i have left.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've been using any old practice balls I find in my bag for the last wee while now and can't really see they advantage of ProV1 golf balls anymore. Yeah, they look lovely but, to be honest, I'm not noticing much difference between a new one and a scabby old Srixon, Callaway, Nike or other 2nd hand premium ball.

I'm not paying more than £1.50 for a golf ball, I'm afraid, so it'll be re-rurbished, if anything.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Over priced and over hyped golf ball.

Brave, brave comment. Most used ball on tour, so there must be a reason!

I love the Pro V1/x, however, I just can't fully justify spending £40 on a dozen. Picked up some Srixon Z-Star XV's yesterday online for £21.99...so going to try those for a little bit

Banzai

Medal Winner
Visit site
Titleist gave me 6 dozen last summer and I still have more than 5 boxes left so i don't think I need any of the new ones just yet.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
The good thing about them is you sure do not want to lose them which helps :D

Over £4 a ball's ridiculous though isn't it?

Mrs148 paid less than £25 for last years version from the local pro, i only use a new one for a comp and then that ball gets me a least a couple of bounce games.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Brave, brave comment. Most used ball on tour, so there must be a reason!

I love the Pro V1/x, however, I just can't fully justify spending £40 on a dozen. Picked up some Srixon Z-Star XV's yesterday online for £21.99...so going to try those for a little bit

Most used ball, most marketed ball, the most expensive ball......... Reason, they have to get their money back somehow to fund both major tours and what better way then to get their money back by hitting the back pockets of us mere mortals...

I changed to Bridgestone 4yrs ago, my scores are similar, they fly just as far and stop just as quick and for a premier ball they cost less.