Titleist fitting

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm thinking about upgrading my irons, and have my eye on some Titleist APs. Quite fancy going the whole hog and going to St Ives for a proper iron fitting.

Two questions, anyone got any experience of it and would I have to buy the irons from them or can I just get the spec and then just shop around?

Cheers

D

Deleted member 16999

I'm thinking about upgrading my irons, and have my eye on some Titleist APs. Quite fancy going the whole hog and going to St Ives for a proper iron fitting.

Two questions, anyone got any experience of it and would I have to buy the irons from them or can I just get the spec and then just shop around?

Cheers
I booked my Titleist fitting for my 716’s through AG, had the choice of St Ives or Edinburgh, went Edinburgh as it was closer, had the fitting, really good, spent a good few hours going through all options.
Then went and shopped around for best price for my spec, went back to AG who priced matched and waived the fitting fee.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I booked my Titleist fitting for my 716’s through AG, had the choice of St Ives or Edinburgh, went Edinburgh as it was closer, had the fitting, really good, spent a good few hours going through all options.
Then went and shopped around for best price for my spec, went back to AG who priced matched and waived the fitting fee.

Cheers Paul. Sounds good to me. :thup:

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
my friend just returned from there. he said it was good Although they didn't have the full range of shafts they provide for irons. he rated the service from celtic Manor better

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
my friend just returned from there. he said it was good Although they didn't have the full range of shafts they provide for irons. he rated the service from celtic Manor better

When I recently phone titliest about a fitting they advise that Celtic Manor is no longer a National fitting centre, only St Ives

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Any experience of the fittings at the Belfry? Would really cut my travel time down.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
HawkeyeMS had his fitted when he was a member at my club and really enjoyed the experience and said they had more than enough shafts to suit his needs. He got the specs and I think bought through the pro and loyalty for booking the session

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was one of the lucky recipients of the GM/Titleist fitting day at St Ives where I was fitted for the new 718 AP2's. Joel from GM and Paul the Titleist fitting technician could not have been more helpful, in fact Paul remembered me from about 9 months previously when I had booked in for a fitting but a bad dose of white coat syndrome and or the J Arthurs led Paul to say to me to forget that day and re-book (at no extra cost ) so that he could assess my swing better. Luckily for me in the intervening period I was picked by GM for the free fitting.

I was given plenty of time to warm up and relax and then Paul watched some shots with my then present clubs, he quickly assessed my strengths and weaknesses and handed me a 7 iron to hit a few shots with, we were constantly switching shafts and discussing thoughts on them, we switched around the various clubs to see which suited me best, this was achieved by physically looking at the shots and by reference to the launch monitor. Things were narrowed down to two or three different combinations and the final choice was mine.

At no time was any sales pressure applied (obviously the second visit there was no need :thup:, but harking back to my first visit it was for a paid for fitting and nothing else, your specs are produced and e mailed to you and your potential supplier it is then your choice as to what you want to do.

I would 100% advocate a trip to St Ives it is great value for money, Titleist are a premium brand, you will learn things about your swing and you will get an un-biased informed opinion on the club(s) which are right for you.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy it if you go. :thup:

AAC

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
It was a while ago, but got fitted for my titleist driver at the belfry.

It was a very good session, as good as I've had elsewhere

i wouldn't bother mate. the belfry just doesn't have the staff with decent knowledge at the minute. I'm a member and i wouldn't have a fitting there.

Matty6

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Celtic Manor is no longer a National fitting centre, only St Ives

That’s a shame. I was hoping to get an iron fitting at Celtic Manor towards the end of the year.

Btw, how much does a full iron fitting cost? I’d be ordering the irons through my pro.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I had a fitting with Titleist years ago when they were at Brampton Park.....the fitting had to be arranged via my local Titleist agent/shop but I was lucky enough to get a morning fitting which effectively enabled the following to happen...

Once the fitting was done the Titleist guys checked with the factory that they had all the components available, I rang the shop through which I'd booked the fitting, told him what I was buying and how much and gave him my credit card details.

Was just before opening time so went off to a local pub, had a beer and lunch, arrived at the Titleist factory about 2pm, had a factory tour and as I exited at 4pm they handed me a long box with my newly built clubs (Titleist ZB forged)..By 5.30pm I was on the first tee at my club and at 8.30pm walked off the 18th having shot a seasons best 72!!!!

What I liked about the fitting was the fact that it wasn't purely done on the LM numbers....there was as much consideration taken into account of the visual ball flight and dispersion along with my own subjective responses around feel and other such "intangibles".

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had a fitting with Titleist years ago when they were at Brampton Park.....the fitting had to be arranged via my local Titleist agent/shop but I was lucky enough to get a morning fitting which effectively enabled the following to happen...

Once the fitting was done the Titleist guys checked with the factory that they had all the components available, I rang the shop through which I'd booked the fitting, told him what I was buying and how much and gave him my credit card details.

Was just before opening time so went off to a local pub, had a beer and lunch, arrived at the Titleist factory about 2pm, had a factory tour and as I exited at 4pm they handed me a long box with my newly built clubs (Titleist ZB forged)..By 5.30pm I was on the first tee at my club and at 8.30pm walked off the 18th having shot a seasons best 72!!!!

What I liked about the fitting was the fact that it wasn't purely done on the LM numbers....there was as much consideration taken into account of the visual ball flight and dispersion along with my own subjective responses around feel and other such "intangibles".

Exactly the experience I had at St Ives :thup: