Titleist DT Trusoft ball

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
,playing with one of my mates on friday, who also plays hickory, he was using a Titleist DT Trusoft, which surprised me as he is a good played off 1 and i was under the impression this ball was a rock. According to him it is a very low compression ball and had used the same ball at the British Hickory Championships at Rye a few weeks ago to good effect.

we had a lot of rain recently so the greens are quite soft, so any ball would stop on full shots, which this certainly did.
Used one yesterday and was impressed TBH, felt nice off all clubs esp the putter and in the chilly morning air the ball still went a good distance into the breeze, maybe a club longer than my normal prov 1 X. only downside not much stop on short chips onto a firmer green.

def be keeping any of these i find, rather leaving them which is what ive done when ive found any before.

a very good winter ball and will def be using these for hickory golf in future.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
If that is the previous to the tour soft ball ? I played with a tour soft for 3 holes during the week, horrible feel, may be in the depths of winter but just now, it's a no from me.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
If that is the previous to the tour soft ball ? I played with a tour soft for 3 holes during the week, horrible feel, may be in the depths of winter but just now, it's a no from me.
no its a new ball for 2018, lowest compression ball on the market according to my mate. felt mega soft off the putter.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
If you come across any of the Wilson DX3 range give them a try, suspect they will be lower compression.
Think the latest trusoft is 60

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Oddly enough I played with one I found on the course and loved it. To the extent I play that now instead of the ad333. So much so, I bought 2 dozen from golf support for £30. It claims to have less spin off the tee so should help me when I have an odd bad un off the tee.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
If you come across any of the Wilson DX3 range give them a try, suspect they will be lower compression.
Think the latest trusoft is 60
we play hickory's against Swedes quite often and they all play with a Wilson ball you can't get here, that is very low comp wise..
I have tried a few of the wilson balls we get over here and TBh they didn't feel that soft, but will look out for any DX3

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I tried them (they get given to the Seniors for 2's).

They were too soft for me and the exra spin I generated with them cost me half a club in length with iron shots.

They can be found all over the place at our course most have the clubs logo.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Found one with a Celtic Manor logo. As I was chopping in the medal I gave it a go for the final couple of holes. Felt good off the face but as expected, it didn't stop too well on chips. I was using my milled Odyssey #9 and had no issue with feel off the face. Definitely a ball to consider for the winter

Matty6

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just started using the yellow TourSofts and really like them. Nice feel across all clubs, and the bright yellow is great this time of year!

Scoobiesnax

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Being a a high handicapper I like to find a decent enough ball that isn't expensive and they fit the bill. Love how they feel and react will all clubs and have just bought myself another box last week as I am getting good purchase off of them. Like Matty I like using the Yellow ones, however, I have also bought the white ones to use as provisionals when needed :oops:.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I used a few of these that I found a while ago. They were good but similar to the DX2, and I went with the latter in the end because they were cheaper by the box.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
we play hickory's against Swedes quite often and they all play with a Wilson ball you can't get here, that is very low comp wise..
I have tried a few of the wilson balls we get over here and TBh they didn't feel that soft, but will look out for any DX3
I believe the DX2 Soft is the lowest compression you can get at 29. And their DX3 SoftSpin is 40 I think.