Titleist 910 D shafts - Im noy getting with the RIP 60 shaft

T

thecraw

Mark, I've also just noticed from your original post that your currently using a Prolaunch blue. Were you custom fitted for this shaft as it really couldn't be further away from the RIP????

The prolaunch blue is a low kick point, soft feel high torque shaft with a soft tip. On the other hand the RIP is low torque, stiff tip and a higher kick point.

Its no wonder that they feel different to you.

If the 910 was a custom fit job and your not convinced then go back and explain your concerns, they will usually only be too happy to accommodate you again and go through the fitting process again. It also may just be a case of sticking with it and getting used to it.

MarkA

Head Pro
Visit site
Mark, I've also just noticed from your original post that your currently using a Prolaunch blue. Were you custom fitted for this shaft as it really couldn't be further away from the RIP????

The prolaunch blue is a low kick point, soft feel high torque shaft with a soft tip. On the other hand the RIP is low torque, stiff tip and a higher kick point.

Its no wonder that they feel different to you.

If the 910 was a custom fit job and your not convinced then go back and explain your concerns, they will usually only be too happy to accommodate you again and go through the fitting process again. It also may just be a case of sticking with it and getting used to it.

Im not sure the Grafalloy was right as i hit it very high with lots of carry but not much roll out , thats why i got fitted! It could just be I need to get used to the RIP as it feels so different to what ive been using.

danbaylis

Club Champion
Visit site
I have just gone over to the Titleist 910 D3, I had two fittings sessions. The first one was at a Titleist certified centre and the second one with my pro who got the fitting kit from a fellow pro.

From my experience I found the Kai'li the best shaft for myself, closely followed by the Project X. I found the RIP way too stiff for me, I know a few people who have gone for the RIP and struggled to generate the speed required for a consistant strike.

I would find a decent pro who is not on a sales pitch and go hit quite a few balls until you feel comfortable.

Hope this helps.

MarkA

Head Pro
Visit site
UPDATE

I went back to Foregolf in Chester for a re-fit - in the inter-rim I'd bought a stiff Kali shaft and it was way too soft for me and i was ballooning it horribly.
Back on the launch monitor and the RIP was showing the best figures again and I was hitting it really well. Then it clicked i was using a higher tee at the fitting - i moved up from pink to Grey and the difference is amazing and the results on the course are much much better - maybe these 910 D2 arent so bad after all - I was very very close to getting rid. As the fitter said, if you have confidence in the club its half the battle