tiger woods

ball_basher

Assistant Pro
Visit site
hi folks, i was wondering what you guy's on here think about TIGER'S attitude at the moment ????

personnaly i think it stinks !! as much as i love the guy, he just ain't making a good name for himsself at the moment . what with the swearing and club throwing etc ...

does he not realise he is a role modle to millions of kids out there? sure it must be frustrating for the guy but at the end of the day its, only a GAME!!! as i once heard him say, my 2 year old niece behaves better....

i would be most interested to hear your thoughts

as for now im kicking his backside in a major on tiger woods pga 09 and he aint throwing no clubs about here lol

regards

mark

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
The problem seems to be the PGA are spineless when dealing with Tigers Tantrums. If they had a word in his ear a year or so ago his episodes would have been nipped in the bud by now.

The saying goes

'NO man is bigger than the game' .....

but I think that some sportsmen forget that the game will live longer than them.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
In many ways I hope he continues doing it. It’s only a matter of time before the spineless officials will need to take action through public demand rather than them taking the lead.

Until something is done the down side of this is all the young lads I see more and more throwing clubs about as if it’s the norm.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
sorry Tommo, but there will never be the public demand. The PGA sees only the US audience and, admittedly without evidence, they show no signs of being turned off by his behaviour and probably will not so long as he remains a winner. It seems to be only over here that we demand standards of behaviour from golf that we don't match in (many) other sports.

(he racked up another at the Buick against rather lacklustre opposition on the final day. the way he played some shots had the commentators suggesting that he was bored and 'challenging himself' after a couple of instances of dubious shot selection.)

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
hi folks, i was wondering what you guy's on here think about TIGER'S attitude at the moment ????

personnaly i think it stinks !! as much as i love the guy, he just ain't making a good name for himsself at the moment . what with the swearing and club throwing etc ...

does he not realise he is a role modle to millions of kids out there? sure it must be frustrating for the guy but at the end of the day its, only a GAME!!! as i once heard him say, my 2 year old niece behaves better....

i would be most interested to hear your thoughts

mark

This has been done to death countless times over the last 2-3 months....use the search facility and you will find countless threads on the matter.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
What would happen if WE e-mailed the R&A and the USPGA and complained ?? Would we get e reply???

This could be our crusade !!!!!!!!!

Could we combine this will an e-mail salvo across the bows of the BBC to have Lineker removed from the golf coverage?

They seem to have ignored my daily e-mails for the last 3 years and I need some back up!

:D

pitchperfect

Hacker
Visit site
Tiger has always been a victim of his own talent. you see the same petulance in Ronnie O'Sullivan when his game is off. Like hippygilmore said, Tiger's a role model to kids and adults alike, and he need to keep his temper in check. If my job involved travelling the world, playing the most beautiful courses, and been paid a fortune to do it, I can't imagine I'd have too much to grumble about - even if my golf was not up to scratch.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tiger has always been a victim of his own talent. you see the same petulance in Ronnie O'Sullivan when his game is off. Like hippygilmore said, Tiger's a role model to kids and adults alike, and he need to keep his temper in check. If my job involved travelling the world, playing the most beautiful courses, and been paid a fortune to do it, I can't imagine I'd have too much to grumble about - even if my golf was not up to scratch.

it's not as if he actually needs the money either :p

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com

I think you are over thinking this, money doesn't matter to Tiger anymore all he wants is to win, everything he does is about winning so when he doesn't it upsets him, to me it shows he still has the hunger and drive.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Tigers petulance will continue as long as the authorities treat him as untouchable. If it were Daly doing the same thing he'd be on the sidelines again serving another ban. It all comes down to the mighty $ and how much revenue Tiger generates for the advertisers sponsors and TV companies and no-one is going to destroy the golden goose. Unless the USPGA act soon a generation of junior golfers will come into the game thinking this is acceptable behaviour

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
sure it must be frustrating for the guy but at the end of the day its, only a GAME!!!
Only a game to us but to him it's his job.

He is trying to become the best golfer EVER its not a job its not a game its his whole life and existence on the line, and the clock is ticking. Everytime he plays he is expected to win the pressure on the guy is immense, if he doesn't break Jack's record no one will think, well done you got 17 majors or whatever they will think he failed, wasted his talent, and so will he.