Tiger Woods Interview

U

User62651

I found it a bit odd that on the regrets part all he cited was wishing he'd done one more year at Stanford, could sense the interviewer pushing him there but no regrets apparently about the mistresses/divorce etc, now just calling them mistakes.

Why is it when Tiger wears a baseball cap it takes about 15 years off him, looks ancient in this clip, more like 50 than 40!

Last edited by a moderator:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I'm sure he regrets hurting his ex as apparently they get on now.

But it if he was willing to do what he did for such an amount of time, of he'd said he'd regretted it, who would actually belive him?

woody69

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm sure he regrets hurting his ex as apparently they get on now.

But it if he was willing to do what he did for such an amount of time, of he'd said he'd regretted it, who would actually belive him?

Why not? What has the amount of time you do something that you later regret got to do with anything?

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I'm confused as to some of the recent timings of things he's said.

Not playing the Safeway because "His game is fragile"

Tells Charlie Rose he'll win more majors

:mad:

351DRIVER

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I'm confused as to some of the recent timings of things he's said.

Not playing the Safeway because "His game is fragile"

Tells Charlie Rose he'll win more majors

:mad:

If he wants to see a game that is fragile, he should get me onto Augusta after the Masters...
Open invite for Tiger if he wants his confidence boosted

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
He sounds like a boxer in his mid 40's who still thinks he can win world titles. Some of his comments just sound a bit silly and deluded. He has the potential, perhaps, to win something again but stating categorically that he will pass Jack's number of major wins is something no one believes or has any credibility to it based on the last 4-5 yrs. He needs to mellow out and become more human. Spend some time with Phil.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Why not? What has the amount of time you do something that you later regret got to do with anything?

I simply meant if he'd had a one night stand and then said he regrets it people may well belive it.

But as he cheated over such a long period and in such a calculated business like manor. Saying he regrets it, would IMO just be him pandering to people to try and make him seem more likeable.

I don't think anyone would be police he regrets what he did. Merely the outcome.

D

Deleted member 1418

I'm actually starting to feel quite sorry for Tiger. IMO those who are advising him should just tell him to just get out there and play, not to worry about chopping it around, interact with the galleries more, and just have a bit of fun. I think he would have got a lot of kudos from the public if he'd played in the Safeway and just said he wasn't confident in his game, wasn't expecting to make the cut, but just wanted to be part of tournament golf again.

U

User62651

His mental strength ingrained from a young age is what keeps him saying what he does, but it comes over as a robotic automated response, his defense is if he's mentally strong he perhaps believes he can do what he once did, once that mental strength wanes and he carries doubts himself then he really is finished as a competitor. I understand why he does that but even if he is convincing himself, he's not convincing anybody else including opponents so he's probably wasting his time keeping up the front imo. By Masters next year it'll be nearly 9 years since his last Major win, he's coming up 41, the very oldest major winner was an injury free 48, there are so many excellent young guns around all athletes in his mould, you've got to wonder when will the penny drop and he just chills out??? Guys like OMeara, Singh, Mickelson, Els, Stricker have all won steadily into early/mid 40s but none carried the physical problems or expectancy/pressure Woods does.

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm actually starting to feel quite sorry for Tiger. IMO those who are advising him should just tell him to just get out there and play, not to worry about chopping it around, interact with the galleries more, and just have a bit of fun. I think he would have got a lot of kudos from the public if he'd played in the Safeway and just said he wasn't confident in his game, wasn't expecting to make the cut, but just wanted to be part of tournament golf again.

Agree entirely.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seeing as he has one of the best ever golf records, he's entitled to think he can win again. I'm sure all of us on here would say exactly the same in his shoes. I mean, I won a goldfish 25 years ago and I definitely think I can again come bonfire night.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Piece - I hate to break it to you but winning goldfish this way is pretty much banned all over the country now. Not nice for the poor fish. You could go to underground fairs, search on the dark web, but otherwise you too have peaked and will never be able to relive your glory days. You and Tiger, much to reminisce about when you next have a beer together :D