Tiger wins

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Re: He's back

So he holds his own tourny, invites top notch tossers, and wins. Hardly a world class field.
He also gets double ranking points, how is this? More points for this than winning 1 of the majors. Something not right. Cant stand the man, I lost count how mant times I seen him spit. Hopefully he retires SOON.

Come on Rory

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I wouldn't say golf NEEDS Tiger but when he's playing well its certainly more exciting to watch.
I hope his form continues into next season along with westys and Rory's. Should be fantastic if their firing on all cylinders.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

There'll be a lot of ranking points as there were a lot of the big players there - still shouldn't be more than a Major though....

As for whether Tigger's back - hold your horses everyone.
He's won, he's won well with a good display and it's good for Golf in general taht he has.
But one win against a small field doesn't herald a return to the sort of form we expect from him.
I'm not saying he's not on the way back but he's not back yet.
If he's still playing like this come next Summer then I think you can say he's back but until then...........

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

It was exciting to watch, and his short game is definitely back. Putting better too. I like to see some emotion on the course, and when Woods is holing putts, there is certainly emotion. Glad he is back.

But his swing?

Nasty. He has no idea where his driver is going, and only really seems comfortable off the tee hitting his stinger 2i. His shorter irons look pretty tidy, but any club he tries to give some welly is a disaster waiting to happen. He should at least know if it is going to go left or right at his level.

This two plane swing thing does not work for me either.

He is still dipping into the shot.

Not nice.

Oh, and it is really not his fault that the cameras would rather follow him round the practice green than show someone else out on the course.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site

Would the same rankings points comments be made if Johnson had won? He probably would have a similar jump in rank (as he was around 47 before the event). Were the same comments made last year for Mcdowell,or the year before?

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site

TBH I was more concerned with how Paul Casey would respond after his poor start.

I'm glad he managed to turn it around and finish well. As for Tiger. Nice to see him win again, even though it was only a field of 18 a win is a win. I agree with earlier comments that a win in this field doesn't really amount to the "Tigers back" attitude some people hav and TOTALLY agree with Murphs comments regarding his swing.

Having said that, an 18 handichopper like me ciommenting on one of the games finest doesnt amount to much :mad:

tmorrissyswan

Club Champion
Visit site

Golf is far bigger than Woods, IMO it was good recently to see some coverage of the other players (yes there are some) rather than watching coverage of woods spitting, cussing or disappearing off to the bathroom.

I think it's much better watching golf with Tiger in it but the one thing that annoyed me last night was how they ONLY showed him and Johnson and barely showed anyone else except a bit of Casey and Kuchar.

markyjee

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Glad to see Tiger back competing, as for wgr points Gmac got 50 last year for winning this event, 100 available for winning a major.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

So he holds his own tourny, invites top notch tossers, and wins. Hardly a world class field.
He also gets double ranking points, how is this? More points for this than winning 1 of the majors. Something not right. Cant stand the man, I lost count how mant times I seen him spit. Hopefully he retires SOON.

Come on Rory

You don't like him that's obvious but lets get the facts straight. He doesn't automatically qualify, he is host yes, but that doesn't mean he plays. And he doesn't personally invite the players. The official invite list is the four major winners, the top 11 available in the world rankings, the defending champion and two sponsors invites who have to be in the world top 50. Woods played on a sponsors invite as he was 49th in the world at the time entry closed. If he'd slipped to 51 he wouldn't have played.

As for the ranking points, that's not Tiger's decision either. Any of those 18 could have won but they didn't, Tiger did and will donate every penny of the prize money to the associated charities making it nearly $10M he has donated from winnings in this tournament alone.

Hate him if you want, wish him ill if you want but don't let that blind you from the facts. Tiger has been and maybe still is a bit of a tit but he is great to watch when on top of his game and does a lot of good for under priveleged kids so he's not all bad

wull

Tour Rookie
Visit site

You don't like him that's obvious but lets get the facts straight. He doesn't automatically qualify, he is host yes, but that doesn't mean he plays. And he doesn't personally invite the players. The official invite list is the four major winners, the top 11 available in the world rankings, the defending champion and two sponsors invites who have to be in the world top 50. Woods played on a sponsors invite as he was 49th in the world at the time entry closed. If he'd slipped to 51 he wouldn't have played.

As for the ranking points, that's not Tiger's decision either. Any of those 18 could have won but they didn't, Tiger did and will donate every penny of the prize money to the associated charities making it nearly $10M he has donated from winnings in this tournament alone.

Hate him if you want, wish him ill if you want but don't let that blind you from the facts. Tiger has been and maybe still is a bit of a tit but he is great to watch when on top of his game and does a lot of good for under priveleged kids so he's not all bad

well said!!!!

SonicBoom

Club Champion
Visit site

Nice to see yhim back winning but what the hell did he have on his feet !! I'm guess shoes that help his various injuries but dear oh dear. Looked like cheap running shoes.

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Brilliant post, well said!

Lawrence22

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Come on Rory
He got 44 points for the win. No where near 100 you get for major.

The19thHole

Head Pro
Visit site

It certainly looks an exciting 2012 with the likes of Tiger (hopefully back to form), Rory, Luuuuke, Kaymer, Westie, Stricker, Fowler, GMac and Schwartzel... the list goes on.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site

Why so angry & upset ? Wouldnt agree with alot of the stuff he did il give you that , he is one of , if not the best golfing talent ever, if you took this attitude attitude to actors , singers , footballers , you wouldnt do or watch much , they all live different lives to us & alot dont have any good values , my intrest in tiger woods , colin farrell , robbie williams, ryan giggs etc is to entertain me at their profession , what they do after that is no business of mine ,

A

Alex1975

In your face all the Tiger haters!!

Great is great, like it or not....!