Tiger - WDs from Northern Trust

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tiger has just WD'd from the first Fed-Ex event complaining of an oblique strain.

He's done isn't he?! The Masters was his swansong, one final hurrah. Sad to see, but he hasn't looked right since that week.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was thinking the same. Maybe after completing the comeback and winning a major he's done what he needed to do and has nothing left to give.

Or he'll take the rest of the year off, comeback again next year and the whole hype circle starts again. :p

*TQ*

Club Champion
Visit site
I'm sure I said it last year some time, if he won another major he should retire right then and there on the eighteenth green and go out in style.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
In his statement he says he's trying to get back for next week, but I'd be pretty surprised if he makes it. If he doesn't make it to next weeks event his season will almost certainly be done it'll more than likely push him outside the Top 30 (he's currently 28th).

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Just seems the sensible thing to do to me, wouldn’t most other guys on tour do the same?

He’s already made clear he’s not going to be playing as often as he did last season to try and keep in good shape, so why push through pain which will result in a crap event and longer recovery time.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he pulled from BMW Championship too. He’s nothing to prove or achieve except for majors so his sole focus is on that. World ranking, OOM and money don’t mean dot to him at this stage.

D

Deleted member 15344

Wouldn’t surprise me if that season has had a big toil on his back - he played a lot of golf last year after not playing a schedule for a long period and the Masters was on pure adrenaline. Hope he hasn’t done serous damage to himself

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I think the Masters broke him.
He gave it everything he had to win it and I just don't think the body wants to know anymore.
It's not like he's had a particularly busy schedule since April..
If he wants to be able to play with his Grandkids he needs to retire before he puts himself in a wheelchair.

U

User62651

I was thinking the same. Maybe after completing the comeback and winning a major he's done what he needed to do and has nothing left to give.

Or he'll take the rest of the year off, comeback again next year and the whole hype circle starts again. :p

Although he says he still enjoys teeing it up with the young guys there has to come a point where the fire in him dims and he just relaxes into semi retirement and enjoys life on the back of the massive wealth he has. He had a great run - 11 years at the very top and another 11 since of some periods of success with a lot of problems. Nothing to prove. Jacks record is a bridge too far. 1 major in 11 years is not the form to break Jacks record.
I think he needs to get his head around his age (old for his years), the injuries and the spinal fusion and manage that for some quality of life which he could lose if he pushes this obsession for 18 majors too far.

Masters looks like and maybe should be his last hurrah.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
I’m a tiger fan have been since a kid and it’s sad to say I think he’s done competing in these events.
It Must be tough with serious back problems competing at that level, it’s not just the 4 days of golf (if cut made)it’s the practice rounds all week etc maybe his backs give up .
It was fantastic to see him win the masters again though .

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
He looked very uncomfortable during the Open.

Re-charge, rehabilitate and hopefully have the big cat prowling the fairways again. I think if he picks and manages his tournaments carefully he can compete again in certain tournaments.