Tiger get a grip?

Howla

Club Champion
www.htguk.com
Is it me or is Tiger milking his sore knee? I mean I know he has been out after his op, but when his shot goes well he strolls on up the fairway with no worries at all. As soon as he hits a poor shot its his knee, limp a bit get a bit of attention, he is like the Ronaldo of the golf world.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but it just gets my goat a little, and if it really is that sore than give and stop looking for attention, either got on with it and stop moaning or retire with injury.

It just seems like he has rushed his way back and if he doesnt cut it he will blame his injury, why bother?

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Me thinks Tiger has always been a mardy blighter. If things go his way - and due to his talent, they usually do - then he's smiley, cheery, affable and all that. If they don't then he sulks and is a miserable b*gger - and all is to blame except himself - ants will cough too loudly, the grass will grow the wrong way and his knee will hurt too much.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I agree to a certain degree but having thought this myself I thought that the reason why he grimaces after a bad shot because it is only after a bad swing that the knee does actually hurt, so if he puts a good swing on the ball he is able to follow through more smoothly and calmly to his finishing position putting less strain on the knee. Where as after a bad swing he finished more jerkily and twists or strains his knee causing the pain. I certainly agree there is an element of play acting involved though.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I,m with you howla! I did say that on another post when he makes a bad shot, he holds his knee, waddles off and grimices like mad.

Just plated a great 2nd to the par 5 and he didnt even flinch on that knee!

The23rdman

Challenge Tour Pro
www.soulfulphotograpy.co.uk
I think it may be a bit of both. Who amongst us doesn't look for an excuse when we hit a bad one? It's perfectly normal transference.

It's true that Tiger's swing isn't as solid as it has been though. His left hip isn't clearing well and he's losing his bum line and spine angle too much. All this will put pressure on his knee.

Man, can that guy putt though!

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Have to disagree--even when he hit good shots and found the fairway he was grimancing in pain-give the man credit for his ability to win the US Open playing 91 holes in five days six weeks after a knee op.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think we are all missing the point.

There is no way on this planet that Tiger would be playing if there was any possibility of damaging himself permanently. If it hurts and he's still playing then he's either not suffering that badly or someone's told him that no matter what happens he'll be OK, and he's really feeling it. Either way, the expectation for him to win is so enormous that this is a good psychological comfort blanket....if he tells everyone how much he's suffering, then it wouldn't hurt his pride to lose or play poorly.