Tick tock.....who is next?

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sad, but golf just isn't as popular as it was or at least being a member. Clubs don't help them selves though, you only have to see the draw nights thread to get that.

Have to agree

Plenty not doing too well (financially) close to me
With atleast 3 clubs, i've good knowledge of, not hearsay, losing quite a bit over last few years, with not much sign of an upturn.....

Simple maths..... Supply & demand

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
There is two nine hole courses near me that are soon to be closing .
Dewlands manor and Hawkhurst ,the former because it's a family run course that was built by the father so his son could practice to become a pro .and the latter as they have all but secured building permission .sad but it's two more off the list and less places to play .Dewlands was or is a very pretty course ,not overly demanding but a test all the same ,Hawkhurst I have never played so can't comment on the course personally only on what I have been td by those that have played it and by all accounts a decent track.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
There was a thread on here not so long ago along the lines of how many clubs within 5 miles / 15 minutes of your home. The numbers were crazy. Some clubs may close but if their members dissipate and join other clubs we may be left with a stronger bunch of golf clubs going forward.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There was a thread on here not so long ago along the lines of how many clubs within 5 miles / 15 minutes of your home. The numbers were crazy. Some clubs may close but if their members dissipate and join other clubs we may be left with a stronger bunch of golf clubs going forward.

This is very true, a large number of our recent joinees have come form clubs that have closed down.