Three cards for handicap

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'll wait and see i think, if it a simple system with minimal effort ( and free) then I may put a few more scores in. I have had a few cracking rounds lately that if counted would have me a few shots lower than I am.
It is intended that scores may be entered from anywhere on any device

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Under the current system wouldn't they currently go up a shot after not playing to handicap(buffer) for as few as 5 rounds (particularly new handicappers) with 10 being an absolute maximum number and only then for existing players who happen to currently be on x.5?
Handicaps will be calculated by taking the best 8 scores from the last 20 played. No buffer zones, no ratchet (0.1 up, x.y down)

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Under the current system wouldn't they currently go up a shot after not playing to handicap(buffer) for as few as 5 rounds (particularly new handicappers) with 10 being an absolute maximum number and only then for existing players who happen to currently be on x.5?
Currently, each time you play over your buffer you go up 0.1.
If you have 7 consecutive 0.1s then the committee is required to review your handicap.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's all quite simple. Once this bandit wins a comp, in fact anyone who wins a comp, no in fact anyone who plays to better than their H/C is immediately dropped down to what they've played to. Never mind all this buggering about with standard scratch rubbish and buffer zones. You play to your H/C no change. You don't play to your H/C point 1.

Simple. R+A You're welcome. :)

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
It's all quite simple. Once this bandit wins a comp, in fact anyone who wins a comp, no in fact anyone who plays to better than their H/C is immediately dropped down to what they've played to. Never mind all this buggering about with standard scratch rubbish and buffer zones. You play to your H/C no change. You don't play to your H/C point 1.

Great in theory but I once had a game playing off 10 h/c where I played level par gross so I would have been a scratch player until I could get back to a handicap I could play sensibly to

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

Thats a great idea, i shot 85 last week... so will tell the club i'm playing off 14 this Saturday:LOL::LOL:(y)

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site

I thought you might have had a more creative idea for when you don't play to handicap. 10 over handicap - increase handicap by 10? Pinching CONGU's 0.1 idea is a cop-out.

D

Deleted member 21258

Great in theory but I once had a game playing off 10 h/c where I played level par gross so I would have been a scratch player until I could get back to a handicap I could play sensibly to

Bandit alert:p