Things that would happily not have on your car

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Surprised no-one has listed auto stop/start. A right pain if it kicks in the moment you want pull out of a junction or roundabout. Thankfully, I can turn it off. 👍

New touchscreens....the irony of you can be done by the cops for phone use when most new cars are in fact one humongous iPad.

Good shout, had to get the secondary stop/start battery replaced on my Volvo last month. Goodbye to £200!

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
After today… corrective steering.
Narrow lane, enough room for two cars but I need to hug the far side. Bloody car wanted to drive me into oncoming traffic.
Need to find the option to turn that off.
I just need an accelerator and a brake.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Narrow lane, enough room for two cars but I need to hug the far side. Bloody car wanted to drive me into oncoming traffic.
In my car only comes on after 40mph. What speed were you doing on this narrow lane?

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I hate this Lane Assist.
you can turn it off in settings.
my car has a button on the steering wheel to turn it off, but it defaults on every time I start up.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
No. Who needs lane assistance at 10mph? Bizarre.
Then why the concern about how fast he was going?

In many cars most safety systems are tied to a single MCU that triggers at a minimum speed. BMW and Merc seem that this speed is 10mph as it also triggers airbag, seatbelt and speed limited systems.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
As mentioned already in this thread both my wife's car and mine have parking assist. I've never used nor want to use it!

Anybody successfully used it?! 🤣

D-S

Visit site
As mentioned already in this thread both my wife's car and mine have parking assist. I've never used nor want to use it!

I had on my previous car (Merc) and I used it a couple of times out of interest - it was really good - however the number of times I need to parallel park is very low. It is on my current car (also a Merc) but a slightly different updated system and I haven't bothered to try it out.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site

Yes, but it totally freaks me out sitting there watching the car drive itself :ROFLMAO: .

Also, the length of the 840 makes me really nervous that it won't hit something.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
In my car only comes on after 40mph. What speed were you doing on this narrow lane?
Not as fast as I usually would as I remember being behind people. It’s a comfortable 50mph corner but probably 40mph.

I do favour the left side being left eye/brain dominant and curb hugging extraordinaire so my perception to the right maybe different.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site

Yes, I like it, gets you in spaces you never thought it would. Obviously because the steering wheel flies round quicker you ever could. 👍

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Keyless entry and start.

Remote central locking was fine, but since keyless starting theft stats have rocketed especially on high end brands or limited models such as hot hatches