Things that would happily not have on your car

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i reckon cruise control is better than me a keeping a constant speed on motorways that are not too busy. I've sometimes used it at 29mph in 30mph zones.

That and my speed limiter help me not speed, especially roads I use where if I keep up with car in front I'm doing 65 in a 50

RichA

Visit site
Keyless entry and runflat tyres have both caused me massive aggravation and inconvenience that will be dealbreakers on my next car purchase.
I like a rotary knob to control temperature. Having to do it via a touchscreen stopped me buying an otherwise perfect Volvo last time I bought a car.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
On my Volvo Xc40, touch screen controls for all the heating/ac and the radio is an accident waiting to happen.

A wildly erratic lane assist that scares the life out of us when it kicks in and a tyre inflator and a can of goo are all things I want to get rid of.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
On my Volvo Xc40, touch screen controls for all the heating/ac and the radio is an accident waiting to happen.

A wildly erratic lane assist that scares the life out of us when it kicks in and a tyre inflator and a can of goo are all things I want to get rid of.
How often do you change the settings on the heating/AC and radio? And you know it’s potentially dangerous, so why would you adjust it while moving?

My AC spends 99% of the year set to 19 and on Auto.

Do you not have controls on the steering wheel to change stations? My old XC90 did.

Thinking about it. I don’t think I’ve touched my lights since turning them on to auto the day I picked the car up.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How often do you change the settings on the heating/AC and radio? And you know it’s potentially dangerous, so why would you adjust it while moving?

Do you not have controls on the steering wheel to change stations? My old XC90 did.

Thinking about it. I don’t think I’ve touched my lights since turning them on to auto the day I picked the car up.

Problem is human beings don't like machines being in control of things

They believe they can perform better

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

Seriously? I’m forever turning the heating up and down, fan up and down, bit of talksport in the morning, radio x in the afternoon, maybe dabble with radio 4 or gold. DAB is hit and miss so you have to go to FM/AM/LW
If you want to turn the fan up a notch and the temperature down a degree it’s dangerous stuff.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Keyless entry and runflat tyres have both caused me massive aggravation and inconvenience that will be dealbreakers on my next car purchase.
I like a rotary knob to control temperature. Having to do it via a touchscreen stopped me buying an otherwise perfect Volvo last time I bought a car.
Mine does it by voice activation 😉👍

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Seriously? I’m forever turning the heating up and down, fan up and down, bit of talksport in the morning, radio x in the afternoon, maybe dabble with radio 4 or gold. DAB is hit and miss so you have to go to FM/AM/LW
If you want to turn the fan up a notch and the temperature down a degree it’s dangerous stuff.
Yep, seriously. I have it set at the my preferred temp and fan speed and it stays there. The only time I change it is when it’s really hot and I hit the max AC button.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
The thing I'd most like to do without on my car is the roof.
I've had 4 roadsters over the years, and they were just great.
Family life put a stop to that 😞

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site

Could be worse. If you had a Tesla virtually everything you need, which should be located on a steering wheel or at least attached to the steering column, is accessed via that ridiculous iPad contraption located low and to the driver’s left.

Awful, awful cars.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Surprised no-one has listed auto stop/start. A right pain if it kicks in the moment you want pull out of a junction or roundabout. Thankfully, I can turn it off. 👍

New touchscreens....the irony of you can be done by the cops for phone use when most new cars are in fact one humongous iPad.