Things That Gladden The Heart

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
View attachment 52332

Top part of picture ... Last year's speedtest at home .... BT Best they could offer

Bottom part. Mid range package with community fibre

Cheaper a month and don't need a phone line anymore

Happy days

The funny thing about full fibre for me is that I went that way then found out the TV and Sky Q box cannot utilise the faster speed but loving the new WiFi router.

May go back to standard fibre when I am at the end of my contract as I have not seen any major benefit really ( the price nearly doubles at the end of contract).

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The funny thing about full fibre for me is that I went that way then found out the TV and Sky Q box cannot utilise the faster speed but loving the new WiFi router.

May go back to standard fibre when I am at the end of my contract as I have not seen any major benefit really ( the price nearly doubles at the end of contract).
One benefit of London is the cost is pretty low

Out of contract it only goes up by £4

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Interesting case in the US where the FCC have put a figure on what can be classed as high speed broadband and needless to say, many of us would not get near that.

I think that this is something that should be applied to the UK as high speed broadband is currently just the fastest a company can offer given the infrastructure and so rural and other communities pay the same as, for example, central London but for a much reduced level of performance. I suspect that it would encourage a speedier roll out of network upgrades if companies could only charge a lower rate for customers not receiving a certain level of upload and download speeds.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
When National Club Golfer tweet about Mark Wahlberg violating a sock co.our dress code rule and you reply offering Golf a gun so it can shoot itself in the foot again...and your account gets locked for 12 hours for violating their rules on inciting violence and glorifying causing harm....

With the amount of seedy, rancid and downright depraved stuff you can find on there...this has made my year ! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Asian Dawn

Visit site
Discovering a ton of DMC mixes on YouTube. I was part of the DMC in the late 80s when I DJ'd at a club in South London. Thanks to a former colleague now living in Colorado, found a ton of these and have been listening/downloading them. Les Adams, Alan Coulthard and all the other great DMC DJs from that era. Bloody awesome.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I think it was Dando who suggested following Als Kitchen on YouTube.
Made this last night, oh my word THE best curry I’ve ever made 😮🤤

Get a jar of Mr Naga pickle if you haven’t already. Incredible stuff that makes a huge difference to the flavour of a curry.

His curries are fantastic and very easy to make.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
The comfort of a proper decent boozer with great beer and that intangible old comforting class about it.

Not been in the Dispensary in Liverpool for over 10 years but it is still absolutely amazing.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Whilst in the depths of Youtube related videos, I came across the "Gat Brothers", worth a listen for anyone who appreciates a good cover of some classic songs.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
First covid lockdown 2020
Another COVID lock down 2021
Actually getting COVID 2022
Kids getting chicken pox 2023

So 2024 even tho it's not quite my birthday we actually have been out for movie and dinner.

It's also nice to go for dinner together and the wife tap her card 🤣 yay cheap weekend

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Could of posted this in random irritations thread but last night four of us went for a birthday Indian meal. Chutney tray and starters was lovely but the special came and it was Luke warm at best. The parratha bread was stone cold and greasy. I was flippin starving having only had a banana all day whilst decorating. End of the meal they asked if everything was ok. So I told them. They made me another special and rice to take home. Just had it, it was hot and gorgeous. Happy days.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
The maturity and resilience my 8yr old daughter has shown as her gym closes and we have to find another, most probably away from her friends, a few tears but she’s not giving up 💪❤️