Things That Gladden The Heart

AussieKB

Visit site
Our cousin from Nambucca, NSW are coming over next summer too. I hope it is "actually summer" when they're here!😁
Been there, lovely part of the world, I'm just hoping for mild weather, and it not rain on golf days, remember playing in awful weather during my time there over the years, but on the positive side have been lucky with some great weather, so fingers crossed..

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
A pal took me out on the mountain bikes through the maze that is Sherwood Forest. He said 20 miles should be nice and steady. 21.4 miles later we arrived at a cafe that he had been raving about. It was flippin shut. 😖
So on the way back we had a scone and coffee in Edwinstowe. 29 miles later I was back home. longest ride I have done. Legs burning a bit but loved it.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Whilst the situation is horrible things that gladden my heart is the wonderful NHS.

Eldest asthma attack. 999 here in 3 mins

Her and mum are out the door at the hospital

Of course I'm now up and wired I won't be sleeping but massive thanks to them for prompt action

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Whilst the situation is horrible things that gladden my heart is the wonderful NHS.

Eldest asthma attack. 999 here in 3 mins

Her and mum are out the door at the hospital

Of course I'm now up and wired I won't be sleeping but massive thanks to them for prompt action

How is she doing?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How is she doing?

She's fine, of course now she's full of beans. They never left our driveway in the end. She sat in the ambulance for 20 mins finishing the nebulizer , once that was done she brought up some yuckyness and her oxygen levels were then fine for her not to need to go hospital.

Couldn't be more proud of her. She started this attack a little while before waking us. Went bathroom took her brown pump (bless her she needs blue for attack) but least she tried. Then she came to wake us.

Very impressed with the ambulance, 3 mins until rapid response arrived and 5 mins after he arrived the ambulance was here.

So she's now ready to go to some Christmas thing at the theatre with nanny as planned.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Yesterday was my late mum and dad's 71st wedding anniversary.
Today would be my mum's 99th birthday.

Dad had to make but one visit to the newsagent and buy three cards - so he never forgot - even his last one when struggling with a brain tumour.
Mum outlived dad by 27 years and she kept those last three cards in her box of Christmas decorations.

RichA

Visit site
I sold 15 records yesterday and I didn't buy a single one. Progress has been made...
When I finally accepted digital life I dumped my entire collection at the swap shop at the local tip. Couldn't bring myself to suffer people thumbing through them asking stupid questions.
It was jointly one of the best and one of the worst things I've ever done.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Where I live south of Perth WA you can swim with the dolphins most days (Bunbury)
It's a small world...

My 4th great grandfather was stationed in Bunbury and married there in 1843 in a small wooden church in Australind (?? still standing). 1st child born in 1845 at Swan River.

Apparently have many distant cousins living generally in the Perth area.

AussieKB

Visit site
It's a small world...

My 4th great grandfather was stationed in Bunbury and married there in 1843 in a small wooden church in Australind (?? still standing). 1st child born in 1845 at Swan River.

It is a small world, travel through Australind all the time to play at Bunbury Golf Course....
will try and find out about the church for you....

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
It's a small world...

I have a geographically distant brother living north of Perth.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
When I finally accepted digital life I dumped my entire collection at the swap shop at the local tip. Couldn't bring myself to suffer people thumbing through them asking stupid questions.
It was jointly one of the best and one of the worst things I've ever done.
Don't think I will ever go fully digital with my collection. I did digitise about 1500 of them but it's a very time consuming process.

Likely that our collections are very, very different and the market for what's in mine is very niche so swap shops would be a waste of time. That and most are quite rare now and still very much sought after.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
What do you sell them on Greig? Is it hard to let them go ☹️
I sell on Discogs. Not hard to let the ones I sell go as they are ones I seldom still use. They have been transferred to mp3 for the most part but some I just don't need hanging around.
The market is niche but still quite active. EPs that I bought for £4 or £5 in the mid 90's are worth five or six times that now due to rarity.

I do have a number of very limited issue colour pressings in my collection that are going for well north of £100 each but most of those are ones that I won't part with.