Things That Gladden The Heart

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What a lovely day

Took the wife out for breakfast as mother in law offered to have kids (thanks very much)

Wife took the kids for a play date with her friend so I went range for couple hours until I picked them up

Then once we got home I fitted a nice mirror in eldests room and she couldn't be more happy with her surprise

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Lol a couple of boys swimming in the ness today, I think they were tourists, though it was a nice day not really that warm🤣🤣 the kept diving in without realising its only a couple of feet deep until you get to the middle. Quite a crown gathered to watch, most wearing winter coats and woolly hats 😁

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
…that I can come to my golf club to escape the building site that is my home - have a shower, breakfast and get online (as broadband is off at home).

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Dental work was far cheaper than expected.(y)

And my PPF headlight tinting is not an insurance modification. (y)

yeh…but how much was the flight to India…😉

Dental work in our (yours and mine) part of the world (Surrey/Hants borders) is shockingly expensive (as in we are still shocked when told the cost) and our private dental plan hasn’t increased what it pays out for a good few years. I suppose I should be grateful that we can afford it.

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Youtube tutorials. My car has been showing it needs an oil change on the dash for a while. I checked the system, it showed plenty of advanced warning. I then checked the paperwork of the car, I've had it, 2nd hand, for 4 months. The oil was changed the day before I collected it and so I am sure it was simply not reset correctly. Anyway, I reset the schedule but it did not remove the warning that came up on the dash. After an annoying few days, I did a search on Youtube for the solution. A very nice mechanic in Dublin posted the solution, something you would never work out yourself, and the message has disappeared. Thank you nice man and Youtube :D

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Car insurance renewal has come through. It's gone up by £3.99. However, have found it cheaper plus with cashback it will take it to under £100 fully comp with NCB.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I wish I taken a pick of it, but out walking the dog yesterday we went past the fishing hut on the Ness, there was a lone guy on his own fishing.. standing next to him and I mean close enough to touch was as adult swan, myself and a few other passers buy all stopped and watched. The Swan kept looking up at him like your dog would, maybe it was his pet swan😆

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Currently four threads consumed with forum ads 🤣
Adblock plus (other blocking widgets are available) should take out an ad just for jokes! They've had plenty of free ads.

Last edited:

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Getting a £655 cheque from
Our car insurance company for compensation following someone crashing into my Mrs’ car early December.

Almost worth putting up with their terrible service