Things That Gladden The Heart

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
One of my bosses invited me to a Teams meeting yesterday. I got caught in an external meeting that overran. Messaged him to warn him I’d be late. He said no bother and to dial in when done. I joined 17 minutes late and said “Hi John” to announce my arrival. He’d clearly forgot he was dialled into a meeting and jumped about 2 feet, letting out a terrified wimper with horrified look on his face. It took him a minute or so to compose himself. Easily the highlight of my working year so far.

D

Deleted member 15344

Battered sausage , spam fritter , mushy peas and chips from the best local chippy ?????yummy

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
And so we have Burns Night…and despite him dying over 200yrs ago (21st July 1796) so much of his poetry rings just as appropriate and true today as it did back then.

Unfortunately were I to quote some of my favourite lines I have no doubt that the complaints would go piling in to the mods…so I’ll just quote some words that always make me smile when I recite or sing A Man’s A Man For A’ That…

Ye see yon birkie, ca’d a lord,
Wha struts, an’ stares, an’ a’ that;
Tho’ hundreds worship at his word,
He’s but a coof for a’ that:

…and btw just ignore the ‘happy Burns Night’ rubbish…just have some haggis, neeps and tatties accompanied by a wee dram (or whatever takes your fancy).

And maybe also read a bit of Burns - A Man’s A Man For A’ That for his view on the value of the poor but honest man; The Twa Dogs as an allegory on the lives of those of wealth and those in poverty; and Ae Fond Kiss being for me some of the most beautiful words ever written about love and parting.

Last edited:

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lovely day off

Kids went to me mum's, teed off 09:10. Just practicing on my own, 18 holes in 2 hours 50

Cleaned clubs at side of 18th with my towel , all away for another week

Home by half 12. Lunch with the twins as they were back

Done all jobs round the house

Now just to wait for Tesco to drop off the shopping whilst I prepare dinner for the girls

Beautiful

D

Deleted member 15344

this morning there was a little light drizzle which ended up freezing and making all the paths an ice rink

We started to walk to school but was dangerous so had to drive

Going to school and you could see kids and parents staking all over the place and then mainly having a giggle about it ?

The local Facebook group has put up loads of Ring Doorbell videos of everyone falling over - thankfully no one too seriously hurt beyond pride