Things That Gladden The Heart

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Once again seeing a Kingfisher whilst rowing on the river today. My first taste of 8am cold weather rowing but it was lovely on the river today (once I warmed up)!

Off to play golf this afternoon - rowing has definitely become my sport of choice :cool:

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
After two and half weeks, tomorrow I can finally park back on my drive, no parking on the opposite street, no worrying about parking.
Bliss.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Started with 10 and after 5 mins the Left back had to come off injured. They played 65mins with 9 men.

I'm buzzing for them and the coach. The coach is only a young lad but he gives up his time and they all love him.

Can you swing him the England job?

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Saturday was a glorious day up here, blue skies, no wind and amazing vision.
We decided to go to Turnberry and do the Lighthouse walk, so did quite a few others.
Lady Doon took many photos and as we started back I noticed a few of the caddies had their viewers trained on the Clyde.
A pod of over 20 porpoises were making their way North.
A crowd quickly gathered, and we watched them for about 20 mins.
All nationalities happily chatting and sharing a magic moment.

A friend who was a wee bit further North at Dunure also spotted a Basking Shark about the same time

4LEX

Visit site
Once again seeing a Kingfisher whilst rowing on the river today. My first taste of 8am cold weather rowing but it was lovely on the river today (once I warmed up)!

Off to play golf this afternoon - rowing has definitely become my sport of choice :cool:

Who do you row for?

Something very special about an early morning row with the mist rising in the autumn!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Who do you row for?

Something very special about an early morning row with the mist rising in the autumn!

Saint Neots. Only started earlier this year on a Learn to Row course but have really got into it and even raced in an eight this summer. So this will be my first Autumn/Winter rowing but so far just having a quieter stretch of river is lovely.

RichA

Visit site
Stuck on a train behind a dead train that's awaiting recovery on the way into London.
I'm on a course this week and should be late enough to miss the 2 hours of mandatory propaganda before the actual learning begins. ?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
When your club announces new contracts signed by all of the young tallent that the media were telling everyone were leaving and that talks had broken down #freddiesteward