Things That Gladden The Heart

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Really good to see my club's Lottie Woad finish T4th yesterday in the European Ladies Amateur Championship - in her very first Ladies individual championship. And great to see Charlotte Heath (of Huddersfield GC) T1st - though she lost in a play-off. Lottie joining Charlotte Heath at Florida State University in September.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Played in a 12 hour charity football game earlier, huge blisters on my feet, snipered with really bad cramp and got a huge bruise on my left ankle to top it off.
Superb day though ?
Well done that man..

But, in my eyes, the 1st 32 words don't match with the last 3 one little bit:ROFLMAO:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We employ a woman at work who is obese. Smashing lady, brilliant employee. 6 weeks ago she started a weight loss group. Not cheap, £200 for 6 weeks. The incentive, apart from weight loss, being healthier etc, you get the money back if you lose 20lbs in that period. It's a lot of money for everyone but for her it really is a big chunk.

She posted overnight that at her final weigh in she had lost 23.5lbs ?. Really pleased for her, looking forward to seeing her smile this morning.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
We employ a woman at work who is obese. Smashing lady, brilliant employee. 6 weeks ago she started a weight loss group. Not cheap, £200 for 6 weeks. The incentive, apart from weight loss, being healthier etc, you get the money back if you lose 20lbs in that period. It's a lot of money for everyone but for her it really is a big chunk.

She posted overnight that at her final weigh in she had lost 23.5lbs ?. Really pleased for her, looking forward to seeing her smile this morning.
You sound like a great boss!
Good luck to the lady. ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
You sound like a great boss!
Good luck to the lady. ?
Cheers mate. She is chuffed to bits this morning. She has more to go, for herself, but hopefully this has kick started things. She doesn't need to go crazy going forwards, cut out the rubbish and binge less at weekends will make a big difference.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Agreed to mind the neighbours' dogs for the evening while they went to see Billy Elliott.
So we got to watch the semi-final on a telly much bigger than ours (great game), play with two gorgeous labradors and drink some Italian red provided.
Marvellous evening's entertainment.
And we get all the thanks! :D

two labs.jpg

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
With today being the 10th anniversary of the 2012 Olympic Games Opening Ceremony…reflecting back with gratitude on a wonderful evening celebrating the United Kingdom of GB&NI and a joyous four weeks…oh to be able to turn back time. Ah well…best I can do is to close my eyes and listen to Underworld - a beautiful piece that really stirs my emotions of gladness with sadness.

Last edited:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
With today being the 10th anniversary of the 2012 Olympic Games Opening Ceremony…reflecting back with gratitude on a wonderful evening celebrating the United Kingdom of GB&NI and a joyous four weeks…oh to be able to turn back time. Ah well…best I can do is to close my eyes and listen to Underworld - a beautiful piece that really stirs my emotions.

I still get emotional whenever I hear Elbow "One Day Like This". I think the summer of 2012 will always live long in my memory as the best summer ever. So proud of what we did as a country.