Things That Gladden The Heart

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Playing Uno with the family on a roasting day under a tree in the garden, with plenty of snacks and drinks... Uno really is the perfect holiday game, easy to play and a real laugh. And yes we stack +2s:devilish: :D

We play Uno regularly with the kids. Great game. And I’m with you on the +2’s - got to be done!!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Playing Uno with the family on a roasting day under a tree in the garden, with plenty of snacks and drinks... Uno really is the perfect holiday game, easy to play and a real laugh. And yes we stack +2s:devilish::D

We play Uno regularly with the kids. Great game. And I’m with you on the +2’s - got to be done!!

I'm not sure what language you are using.
I once had a Fiat Uno, but stacking it was not advisable!

RichA

Visit site
First experience today on the Elizabeth Line. It's not exactly futuristic, but a hell of a step up from my usual commute on the Victoria Line. Smart, clean and air-conditioned.
4G or wifi would've been good though.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
First experience today on the Elizabeth Line. It's not exactly futuristic, but a hell of a step up from my usual commute on the Victoria Line. Smart, clean and air-conditioned.
4G or wifi would've been good though.

I use it on my way home as it stops at abbey wood.
It’s a massive improvement on having to use south eastern

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Shocking Uno behaviour- do you do the same for +4 , skips and reverse ?

No stacking on +4's either. we had a proper meltdown after trying that and we didnt play for 3 months....

Skips and reverses are fine!!

What about the custom cards?! And can you win by laying Shuffle hands as your last card?!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I haven't played Uno much in a while, but I always thought stacking the +2s was just part of the rules. I never knew there was a debate surrounding it or any other way to play.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I haven't played Uno much in a while, but I always thought stacking the +2s was just part of the rules. I never knew there was a debate surrounding it or any other way to play.

we have always played stacking of it.

its one of those rules that people seem to vary

much like monopoly

ive played with people who if you land on go its £400 not £200 (£200 to pass)
ive played with all the fines etc going to free parking and if you land on that you get all the fines (love that one)
ive played with ones where if you dont buy something it goes to auction to the rest of the field straight away

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
we have always played stacking of it.

its one of those rules that people seem to vary

much like monopoly

ive played with people who if you land on go its £400 not £200 (£200 to pass)
ive played with all the fines etc going to free parking and if you land on that you get all the fines (love that one)
ive played with ones where if you dont buy something it goes to auction to the rest of the field straight away
You have certainly played more Monopoly than me. Not heard of the first two, but that third one was how it worked when I played monopoly online with some pals during one of the lockdowns, so I figure that's a common rule. Maybe American rules differ to English ones, I don't know.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You have certainly played more Monopoly than me. Not heard of the first two, but that third one was how it worked when I played monopoly online with some pals during one of the lockdowns, so I figure that's a common rule. Maybe American rules differ to English ones, I don't know.

I used to have a copy on the pc like 15 years ago, and you got the option to set up those are options

I mean I've played with people who play smart and keep 4 houses to cause a housing shortage so you can't buy any lol would never happen growing up my mum is too nice ...oh let your sister have a house

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The third of these rules (property goes to auction if not bought when landed on by player) is, IIRC, a basic original rule...just that for whatever reason it was ignored when I learned to play the game and is in general not played.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I used to have a copy on the pc like 15 years ago, and you got the option to set up those are options

I mean I've played with people who play smart and keep 4 houses to cause a housing shortage so you can't buy any lol would never happen growing up my mum is too nice ...oh let your sister have a house
I've heard of that strategy but you can't do that on the online version either, I think there are just infinite houses rather than being limited to what you have in the box. :LOL:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The third of these rules (property goes to auction if not bought when landed on by player) is, IIRC, a basic original rule...just that for whatever reason it was ignored when I learned to play the game and is in general not played.
Yeah I suspected the same. I think it speeds up the game, but it also means whoever has the most money picks up more of the property quicker I guess - so the rule is not played in the interest of balance?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Yeah I suspected the same. I think it speeds up the game, but it also means whoever has the most money picks up more of the property quicker I guess - so the rule is not played in the interest of balance?
But at the start of the game when all properties would be bought or auctioned as the squares are landed on all players have pretty much got the same amount of money - they just choose their investment strategy; what to invest in; whether to wait for what they want, or whether to go for (any old) properties as fast as possible as that helps you build some money quicker and gives you a hold in the property market. Thinking about it it's probably a better way of playing, just not as simple for younger players who wouldn't be so understanding of the auctioning aspect and so would find themselves with no properties and going bankrupt very quickly and out of the game.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
But at the start of the game when all properties would be bought or auctioned as the squares are landed on all players have pretty much got the same amount of money - they just choose their investment strategy; what to invest in; whether to wait for what they want, or whether to go for (any old) properties as fast as possible as that helps you build some money quicker and gives you a hold in the property market. Thinking about it it's probably a better way of playing, just not as simple for younger players who wouldn't be so understanding of the auctioning aspect and so would find themselves with no properties and going bankrupt very quickly and out of the game.
True - it does mean you can get some of the more rubbish properties at lower than normal value potentially.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
No stacking on +4's either. we had a proper meltdown after trying that and we didnt play for 3 months....

Skips and reverses are fine!!

What about the custom cards?! And can you win by laying Shuffle hands as your last card?!

It’s best to get the rules sorted between you to avoid it kicking off… (all rules queries go to a vote ?) We stack 2s and 4s (but not +4s on top of +2s like some nutters I know!) it’s great if the person who laid a +2 ends up picking up 8 ?
As for finishing on a shuffle, of course you can, It’s a wild card and can be laid anytime.
Differing from the official rules we also take notice of the 1st card turned over after the deal. Not ignore it and turn over another.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Went to see my grandad in his new care home.

Now we were told he had dementia..

Anyways Dr comes round does some tests and he's said he is discharged from his care and back under gp

No dementia or cognitive impairment ..

I mean he will still be in the home but still it's such an improvement from on death's door