Things That Gladden The Heart

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The Boy is back from his first day at work..helped put up a tent for Ladies Captain's Day tomorrow, helped rescue a broken down buggy, cut a green and 3 fairways worth of divoting.
Tired, but he had a smile on his face..especially as they're only in until 10 tomorrow due to the Captain's Day...
Happy days..

D

Deleted member 15344

The Boy is back from his first day at work..helped put up a tent for Ladies Captain's Day tomorrow, helped rescue a broken down buggy, cut a green and 3 fairways worth of divoting.
Tired, but he had a smile on his face..especially as they're only in until 10 tomorrow due to the Captain's Day...
Happy days..

On his way to a good career potentiallly then ?

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Grandson just back from Trnsmt festival raving about Nil Rogers.
His face fell when I said I think he was older than me.
Still, he got on the Big Screen twice.(y)

Just checked at 74 I have 5 years on Nil.

Last edited:

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Happy days..
Wait till he finds out he is only being paid for 4 hours work ;)

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
So driving on the 25 today, stopped off at South Mimms services, as you do.

Got back to the car just as a guy was getting out of his, he locked the door and walked off, noticed a dog on the front seat, no windows open. In full sunshine

Called to the bloke and he came over, and I told him he couldn’t leave his dog like that, even for a few minutes, he became a bit confrontational said it was none of my business,

I replied that now it was and if he was going to leave his dog, I would be phoning the police and if the dog showed signs of distress, I would be breaking the window.

By now a little group had gathered and the bloke was told in no uncertain terms by others that he was being stupid.

Anyway to cut a long story short, I offered to take the dog on a lead to a shady grassy bit, while he went and did what he had to do, told him to bring some water back for the dog and to be no more than 10 minutes

He came back very sheepish, apologised and thanked me for making him aware

Jeez ?

PhilTheFragger (y)

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
One of the things we didnt get round to when we were living on the south coast, definitely a small regret, always looked great fun, even the falling in ;)

I slid in :) It was so good. I started to get really confident and trying to see how fast it could go - it's a workout for sure. Really tempted to buy a board although it's only on hot days I'd do it!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I slid in :) It was so good. I started to get really confident and trying to see how fast it could go - it's a workout for sure. Really tempted to buy a board although it's only on hot days I'd do it!

Its when you do graduate to paddle board yoga I get impressed ;) used to see them doing that in the harbour when we walked the dog........