Things That Gladden The Heart

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
A nice walk around Attenborough reserve, ( named after David Attenborough).It runs alongside the river Trent. Me and MissisT had a lovely walk with some Bessie pals we have not seen for a couple of months. Finished off with a lovely pub meal. I e to rechatprge the batteries.
I will be back at the reserve when all the chicks are out May/ June time ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
A nice walk around Attenborough reserve, ( named after David Attenborough).It runs alongside the river Trent. Me and MissisT had a lovely walk with some Bessie pals we have not seen for a couple of months. Finished off with a lovely pub meal. I e to rechatprge the batteries.
Used to walk around there with the Mrs before she was the Mrs...she lived in Beeston
Nice walking and keep an eye out for the Herons...(y)

Tashyboy

Visit site
Used to walk around there with the Mrs before she was the Mrs...she lived in Beeston
Nice walking and keep an eye out for the Herons...(y)
Started out at Attenborough carpark and ended up at Beeston lock ?
Had a nice meal at Trent lock. The golf Course at Trent lock looks Very nice.

Edit to say, the plethora of Bods( birds ) inc Herons is always fantastic to see there ?

RichA

Visit site
Never heard of it. I'll drag the old man around it next week when I'm up there, if I can convince him that there's a world beyond Newstead Abbey and Blidworth Woods. Thanks for highlighting it.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Never heard of it. I'll drag the old man around it next week when I'm up there, if I can convince him that there's a world beyond Newstead Abbey and Blidworth Woods. Thanks for highlighting it.
The beauty of Attenborough, it’s flat as a pancake. And there are several routes of varying distances. Toilets with a nice little shop and cafe at the centre car park. Of toilets and cafe at Beeston Lock. ?

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Got a pair of Ecco's that are super comfy but alas leak like a sieve, they are 4 years old. So sprayed them with a well know letter & number product and hey presto, played 7 holes today and purposefully walked through long wet rough and dry as a bone, sterner test on Weds but for now happy days ? ?

RichA

Visit site
Got a pair of Ecco's that are super comfy but alas leak like a sieve, they are 4 years old. So sprayed them with a well know letter & number product and hey presto, played 7 holes today and purposefully walked through long wet rough and dry as a bone, sterner test on Weds but for now happy days ? ?
Please be more explicit with the brand. Whatever it is, I need it.
All I can think of is WD-40, which would be an unpleasant failure.

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Earlier this evening we managed to book a family break away (5 brothers and sisters, wives, partners, children etc.) over the early May bank holiday weekend at a Welsh glamping/pod/camping site. After we found a site with enough places (6) still available, there was a frantic 20 minutes of clicking around the country, followed by a huge sigh of relief when we all got there.

We try to have a family holiday weekend once a year, but this is the first since 2019. We usually book a very large house, but thought we would try something different this year. Looking forward to it. :)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I've got a plumber and his mate currently struggling to fit a new tap to our kitchen sink - and it is proving a real pain. It looked likely to be a real fiddle, but I thought it something I should be able to do myself - so boy - am I glad I listened to my Mrs when she told me not to try....just get a plumber to do it.