Things That Gladden The Heart

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Last day working for HM Coastguard today... (albeit from home)

Just had a delivery.. bottle of good malt, a ship's decanter and matching glasses as a leaving present from the Team... wholly unexpected and really nice.

Sad to be going, but looking forward to a long, if not permanent break from working. (What did Redgrave say about "if you see me getting back in a boat?"

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’ve gone all Ron Swanson again (looked him up, now understand @Orikoru better ?).

Wanted to use up that Tineo Applewood veneer I had left so decided that the speakers I build needed a set of stands so been working on them this week, nearly done.
Some scrap Walnut veneer for the base and speaker plinth and the Tineo for the columns.
Just the speaker plinth tops to fit and they’re good to go.
C388B3A8-D916-4E6D-9C94-69E2C0D16385.jpegBA0AB93C-ECA1-428A-9598-4973FE0993E0.jpeg

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Genesis at Newcastle arena.
Yeah Phil Collins voice is shot but the band were tight as and I was an absolute mess for most of it.
When Phil started singing Dancing With The Moonlit Knight at the end that was it, I had to apologise to the poor lass sat next to me ?

Seen them three times - London, NEC and Roundhay, but always wished I'd seen them with Gabriel. Different class of singer imo.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah I wish I'd seen them back in the day, Phil has (had) a better musical voice for me but Gabriel was definitely the more dramatic front man.
Lucky enough (ie read that as old enough) to have seen both the Foxtrot and the Selling England tours. Gabriel was a brilliant frontman. Sort of lost interest in them after he left.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Lucky enough (ie read that as old enough) to have seen both the Foxtrot and the Selling England tours. Gabriel was a brilliant frontman. Sort of lost interest in them after he left.
I drifted away after Duke but recently picked up their eponymous Genesis LP and it’s got tracks I really like. These days I’m more inclined to go see Steve Hackett rather than Genesis tbh.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Yeah I wish I'd seen them back in the day, Phil has (had) a better musical voice for me but Gabriel was definitely the more dramatic front man.
I saw them in 1977 at DeMontfort Hall Leicester. Only time I've seen them live. Gabriel had left.
The 1973 Genesis Live album was mostly recorded at DeMontfort Hall.
They recorded several performances, including Leicester, during their 1977 tour, but used the Paris recordings for the live album "Seconds Out."

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I saw them in 1977 at DeMontfort Hall Leicester. Only time I've seen them live. Gabriel had left.
They recorded several performances, including Leicester, during their 1977 tour, but used the Paris recordings for the live album "Seconds Out."
Mine too were both at De Montfort Hall - in 1973. Foxtrot was early in the year and Selling England at the back end.

Visit site
If we are showing our age - I saw Peter Gabriel in 1981 at the Glasgow Apollo - he was class
Also saw around that time YES when it was the Buggles duo with Trevor Horn trying to reach the high notes of 'wondrous stories;
There was a crowd of long-haired bandana'd 30+ yr olds absolutely raging at him from the Balcony [in kind translation from the original Glaswegian - you're not Jon Anderson - go home]

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

There's a band called Musical Box, a Canadian Genesis tribute band, they're touring Lamb Lies Down next year. I saw them maybe 10 years ago, absolutely incredible show, it looks and sounds exactly like the original band back in the day. Well worth checking out ?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

I've got tickets to see Steve Hackett doing Seconds Out in a couple of weeks time, can't wait.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Five of us from work have completed a sponsored firewalk for our local Hospice tonight. I wanted to do it again immediately :D If anyone gets the chance just do it! Oh and also NO sponsorship money was taken out for us to do it. That cost was funded by ourselves.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Five of us from work have completed a sponsored firewalk for our local Hospice tonight. I wanted to do it again immediately :D If anyone gets the chance just do it! Oh and also NO sponsorship money was taken out for us to do it. That cost was funded by ourselves.

As in walking on hot coals type of thing??!!