Things That Gladden The Heart

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
My this morning tasks are tidying upstairs; fitting ceiling light, and booking a tee time for a whack this afternoon. As my Mrs is still working (from home so any sitting around is visible and not appreciated) I have to daily chalk up some brownie points…?.

Have to say that, 6 months in, I am now quite into the swing of retirement. For me the most significant change is that no longer do I, every day and every evening, have a load of works stuff and problems in my head that I know I must do/fix/de-risk/resource tomorrow. And holidays/vacations…. The joys…the peace of mind….?

As good a reason I've seen for workers to return to the office??.
Brush up on DIY, or be so hopeless at it that you aren't asked.
I'm the latter. You mention ceiling light. I once tried to change a ceiling Rose.
When I rewired I hit the switch...and the light came on in the next bedroom!!
Time to ring electrician ?
Enjoy your retirement.

D

Deleted member 21258

Five of us from work have completed a sponsored firewalk for our local Hospice tonight. I wanted to do it again immediately :D If anyone gets the chance just do it! Oh and also NO sponsorship money was taken out for us to do it. That cost was funded by ourselves.

Do you have a linky for donations(or have I missed it?), would be happy to pop some in for fundraising if you could post or PM me it ?

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
As good a reason I've seen for workers to return to the office??.
Brush up on DIY, or be so hopeless at it that you aren't asked.
I'm the latter. You mention ceiling light. I once tried to change a ceiling Rose.
When I rewired I hit the switch...and the light came on in the next bedroom!!
Time to ring electrician ?
Enjoy your retirement.
I normally avoid electrics and frankly looking at what was there I was baffled, however I simply followed how the existing one was connected up. But when it came to it I switched the circuit breaker switch for ceiling lights back on with a great deal of nervousness and holding of breath.

And what else does retirement bring me? The opportunity to play for the first time in the H4H Day and the pre-H4H day…and I’ve never had sufficient holiday to do that (aka - my wife wasn’t having it). On that I hope not too many wish I was still working ??

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The opportunity to play for the first time in the H4H Day and the pre-H4H day…and I’ve never had sufficient holiday to do that (aka - my wife wasn’t having it). On that I hope not too many wish I was still working ??

I'm sure you will be fine Hugh. I've only met a few but although some may be keyboard warriors, they're really pussy cats and actually quite nice people.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just a more chilled day after yesterday's morning lol which in end I had to help next door break into their house as they locked themsleves out lol

Much more down to earth people than those who left

Managed to batch cook 8 portions of madras and 8 portions of chilli whilst getting eldest to school on time and keeping the twins from jumping off the sofa ... One can get down ok the other Jesus she just jumps head first

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Paid off the Mortgage today!??

Been overpaying for a few years now and today I sold some Crypto and paid off the remainder. Happy days. Apparently the bank doesn’t hold the deeds, they are held by the land registry so give it a week then write to them! ?

congrats :)

dont expect an answer from the land registry anytime soon!!!!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Had the booster jab today

Playing tomorrow just hope there are no side effects

Got to say that the immunisation scheme has been brilliant as far as I'm concerned

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The Mrs had her booster at the weekend and virtually lost the use of her arm for 2 days...could barely move it..
Its OK now so only a day or two.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Youtube.
Thanks to a guy on Youtube, I now have an ''off'' button on my 'computer'* desktop :)

*(Edited for the folk who think I drilled a hole in my desk) (y)

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Couple of days ago my lad meeting and chatting with Jax Jones at a venue they were both working at. Gave my lad great heart, hope and aspirational encouragement given the grim last 18months that sector has endured. NB. JJ is a DJ, producer and remixer (much the same as my lad)…and is ‘worth’ multiple £millions. He’s 5 yrs older than my lad…so there is time m’boy…keep in there.

Also he’s going to be working with KSI in next week or so - if you know the scene you will know that meeting and working with Jax Jones and KSI is pretty cool. ?