Things That Gladden The Heart

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
fire walk.jpg

Hold an umbrella as it looks good in the photo's he said. Was trying to stop it flying off in the wind. The rain stopped us getting a group photo with our certificates afterwards which was a shame. Total raised was over 6k up to last night by all who did it and there is more to come in. We were a team of five.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
View attachment 38775

Hold an umbrella as it looks good in the photo's he said. Was trying to stop it flying off in the wind. The rain stopped us getting a group photo with our certificates afterwards which was a shame. Total raised was over 6k up to last night by all who did it and there is more to come in. We were a team of five.

Well done Mary Poppins.?
Seriously though how do you walk on hot coals without getting hurt?

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well done Mary Poppins.?
Seriously though how do you walk on hot coals without getting hurt?

As the organiser explained it: It's hot wood rather than hot coals and confidence. Tell your brain you can do it and you can. Deep breath in, then out. Take two steps, six confidently across the coals, then two off wiping your feet to take any bits of embers off. He said those who dither or rush are more likely to get blisters.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Was going to put this in random irritations .. but decided it's gladdened the heart

The drains blocked today.. I have 3 kids so let's face it im used to cleaning up mess

So I opened up. Jesus. Not sure if we shared with anyone but next door but lot of paper and other

However whilst I cleaned it up the wife was at work and my mum not due for another 30 mins

Next door kindly watched the kids whilst I did our drains

It's nice to have decent neighbors

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The Insulate Britain planks being dragged off Wandsworth bridge by the public.

Whatever public support they had must be eroded by now.

A paramedic crew were asking for them to move so they could get through but they refused.

Won't be long before one of them gets a slap

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Review with our financial advisor today, had to miss golf but she cheered me up by telling me that her colleague would be happy to host me at his golf club for a round and that there might be a little bit of cash left in the pot when I get to be 100, wonderful!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
34 points on a sunny morning.
Put that blessed blind up.
Walked the dog.

Didn't go to work. No more going to work!:D
My this morning tasks are tidying upstairs; fitting ceiling light, and booking a tee time for a whack this afternoon. As my Mrs is still working (from home so any sitting around is visible and not appreciated) I have to daily chalk up some brownie points…?.

Have to say that, 6 months in, I am now quite into the swing of retirement. For me the most significant change is that no longer do I, every day and every evening, have a load of works stuff and problems in my head that I know I must do/fix/de-risk/resource tomorrow. And holidays/vacations…. The joys…the peace of mind….?

Last edited: