Things That Gladden The Heart

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Not long back from Winchester after a lovely birthday Sunday lunch for Mrs SILH with our daughter and her bloke. Restaurant was in a house built between 1425 and 1450…and that was later owned by Henry VIII and in 1555 gifted by him to Mary Tudor (Queen Mary). Now for me that‘s just awesome and that we are so fortunate to be able to visit and dine in beautiful and fascinating medieval surroundings. Most certainly gladdened the heart. And lunch was superb ?

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Not long back from Winchester after a lovely birthday Sunday lunch for Mrs SILH with our daughter and her bloke. Restaurant was in a house built between 1425 and 1450…and that was later owned by Henry VIII and in 1555 gifted by him to Mary Tudor (Queen Mary). Now for me that‘s just awesome and that we are so fortunate to be able to visit and dine in beautiful and fascinating medieval surroundings. Most certainly gladdened the heart. And lunch was superb ?
25 years to build a house, will stop moaning how long my loft conversion is taking. ;)

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

My sister and family lived in a house near us that a lady known as "The Maid of Kent" lived in. She was a soothsayer for Henry V111 until he got rid of her. Occasionally they had random people asking if she would be willing to show them the room she lived in and I believe she obliged.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
A proper flash, bang storm. Gave up at 5am, got up and opened the blinds. Sat with a mug of coffee watching the light show.

No bowling today - too dangerous.;)

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Finally getting round to building a set of speakers for myself (for my office/gaming/mixing room). Pair of stand mount cabinets around 19.5L should give a pretty decent balanced sound.

Got the cabinets finished this evening, wrapped them in a lovely Applewood veneer with amazing "tiger stripe" grain lines. Going to finish them with a ruby red dye to really bring out the dark grain lines and some Danish oil to make it really pop. Just the driver/tweeter/port cutouts to do before I can start on the finish though.

Quite excited by these ones because they're for me.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Completed the couch to 5k in just over a week lol.
Did week 3 last Monday, found it very easy so ditched it and did a 2.5k run on the Wednesday followed by a 3k run on Friday.
This week, 3k run on Monday then got a bit carried away tonight and did 5k ?
Time wasn't great but it was non stop and quite enjoyable...at times.
Might do some uphill interval training on Friday ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Finished a total redecoration of our lounge, inc reskimmed walls and ceilings (not by me); stripped and waxed floor (me); and repainted cast iron fire surround etc - and Mrs SILH is delighted with it all. Which is just as well as it’s taken me ages.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Surviving my first week as a cycle instructor in schools. At times downright terrifying as the standard of driving was there in technicolour for me to see repeatedly.

I am very risk averse and need to just calm down a bit rather than thinking that any minute a kid is getting knocked off their bike...