Things That Gladden The Heart

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Little Sophia sleeping in a “big girls bed” for the first time tonight. She’s not a great sleeper and in this heat is not in a sleeping bag so was climbing over the sides of her cot which was a bit dangerous so we decided to convert the cot to a normal bed.

Went to sleep fine, about 30 mins ago she rolled over and fell out. Wiped herself down, climbed back into bed and went straight back to sleep.

RichA

Visit site
There will be a second series of Clarkson's Farm.
It was very watchable and we certainly learned a lot from it. I get that he's not everyone's cup of tea, but you did occasionally get to see the human that lurks beneath the character he's spent the last few decades creating.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My mum, who brought us bread, ice creams and drinks while we are isolating. It's a shame they're moving away so beyond next month that'll never happen again, or vice versa. :(

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
"Wild" swimming in the river with a friend for the first time today. It was more "wild bobbing" but it was good fun all the same. Planning to swim with the dogs next time we take them - could be interesting!

I love that idea ? I think I’m going to find a lake and have a swim with our Dog this summer. Maybe Buttermere in August. ?

D

Deleted member 3432

I love that idea ? I think I’m going to find a lake and have a swim with our Dog this summer. Maybe Buttermere in August. ?

Be aware the lakes can be dangerous places to swim, Fatality today in Brothers Water out Penrith Way and divers have been searching for a couple of days for someone in Crummock Water.

Won't be the last with this warm weather.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You won't regret it!

I may regret it when the quote comes back for the install of the 5 wall units lol but I won't regret it when we are cool all time

Twin 1 sleeps in a travel cot with us so she gets the portable air con , her sisters don't get it and they get 30 degree room's . I said come on not fair lol

Plus I been dying to do this for 5 years

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I may regret it when the quote comes back for the install of the 5 wall units lol but I won't regret it when we are cool all time

Twin 1 sleeps in a travel cot with us so she gets the portable air con , her sisters don't get it and they get 30 degree room's . I said come on not fair lol

Plus I been dying to do this for 5 years

It isn't cheap and some will say in this country it's hardly necessary BUT for the times when we have hot spells it is a delight. Plus we sometimes use it to quickly heat a room - it is especially nice in winter to step out of the shower and the bathroom is cosy and warm - way quicker than the central heating could have an an impact.

I suppose the only downside is the amount of hardware on the side of the house - flipping industrial size units out there but we don't notice it anymore!

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It isn't cheap and some will say in this country it's hardly necessary BUT for the times when we have hot spells it is a delight. Plus we sometimes use it to quickly heat a room - it is especially nice in winter to step out of the shower and the bathroom is cosy and warm - way quicker than the central heating could have an an impact.

I suppose the only downside is the amount of hardware on the side of the house - flipping industrial size units out there but we don't notice it anymore!

I picked 2 systems one had 2 split units off one compressor that can go out front and one has 3 which can live off back of house so not too bad ..

If they had enough cable they could stick them both side of house that would be nice lol

We use portable air con in our room 3 months minimum each year and it's getting more and more

Plus when I'm nights I use it 9 months a year as get very warm sleeping in day

Solid investment lol..

Did yours need seperate wiring into the mains? This one implies just a plug into the ring main

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I picked 2 systems one had 2 split units off one compressor that can go out front and one has 3 which can live off back of house so not too bad ..

If they had enough cable they could stick them both side of house that would be nice lol

We use portable air con in our room 3 months minimum each year and it's getting more and more

Plus when I'm nights I use it 9 months a year as get very warm sleeping in day

Solid investment lol..

Did yours need seperate wiring into the mains? This one implies just a plug into the ring main

Yes it needed separate wiring into the mains. That was a big job in itself I think...