Things That Gladden The Heart

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We visited The Tower of London yesterday and, apart from a few pointed and quite uncalled-for comments from my Mrs in the torture display ?; I thoroughly enjoyed the visit. Of course the fact that it was so very quiet, 1000 visitors yesterday when a normal summer weekday in the hols would see 8000-10000. This was great for us as the Crown Jewels rooms were almost empty and we took as long as we wanted; we had some nice and interesting chats with the Beefeaters, and we could get nice pics…In general most visitors observed request to wear a mask in indoor rooms.

One thing that did surprise given school hols was how few families were visiting…maybe all were down the seaside.

And our friends we met afterwards took us to the Sky Bar and Garden atop the ‘walkie-talkie’ building - what a place and view over London! Before drinks in a pub in Leadenhall Market and dinner in Ottolenghi’s restaurant up Spitalfields - now that was a great dining experience. Late train back from Waterloo. A splendid day in London.

Last edited:

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
We visited The Tower of London yesterday and, apart from a few pointed and quite uncalled-for comments from my Mrs in the torture display ?; I thoroughly enjoyed the visit. Of course the fact that it was so very quiet, 1000 visitors yesterday when a normal summer weekday in the hols would see 8000-10000. This was great for us as the Crown Jewels rooms were almost empty and we took as long as we wanted; we had some nice and interesting chats with the Beefeaters, and we could get nice pics…In general most visitors observed request to wear a mask in indoor rooms.

One thing that did surprise given school hols was how few families were visiting…maybe all were down the seaside.

And our friends we met afterwards took us to the Sky Bar and Garden atop the ‘walkie-talkie’ building - what a place and view over London! Before drinks in a pub in Leadenhall Market and dinner in Ottolenghi’s restaurant up Spitalfields - now that was a great dining experience. Late train back from Waterloo. A splendid day in London.
Round here (ie London) schools not on hols yet. Dont know about rest of country?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

My office is next door to the tower and it’s lovely in the summer - I’ll often go and sit by the river and watch the world go by while eating my lunch.

the sky garden is fab in the evening for a few shandies

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
you didnt mind :)

i miss not playing due to my knee being knackered again, i dont miss it that much apart from not being able to play with my dad. if it gets to the point he has to tee it up for me though..............

I didn't mind mate just the fact that he couldn't get down to do it was a bit upsetting.
I then absolutely destroyed him to cheer myself up ?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I didn't mind mate just the fact that he couldn't get down to do it was a bit upsetting.
I then absolutely destroyed him to cheer myself up ?

Haven't played golf with My dad for years .. his knees are shot and he just can't do it he says

When going on holiday to centre parcs they got a 9 hole so he said he will come

Dunno why he won't come to the local 9 hole at my club lol

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Haven't played golf with My dad for years .. his knees are shot and he just can't do it he says

When going on holiday to centre parcs they got a 9 hole so he said he will come

Dunno why he won't come to the local 9 hole at my club lol

He knows you've paid the £1m you need to go to Centreparcs so he to wants to get his moneys worth.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
My office is next door to the tower and it’s lovely in the summer - I’ll often go and sit by the river and watch the world go by while eating my lunch.

the sky garden is fab in the evening for a few shandies

My office is in the tower, level 14. We have a private free lift to the Sky Garden where we take clients. Cracking view. Mind you I haven’t been there in well over a year!