Things That Gladden The Heart

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I watched the England football final yesterday. Not often I will watch a game when I know the result but it was 55 years since I last watched it on a something like an 18 inch black and white TV.

RichA

Visit site
I'm a fairly dour, grizzly looking 50 year old. It gladdens my heart and makes me chuckle every time I talk to my Dad on the phone and he calls me sweetie or darling.
Not sure if it's universal or just a Notts / South Yorkshire thing. I remember when I used to work in a steel fabricating workshop with a load of ex-miners 30 years ago - everybody was duck or sweetheart. Different times.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The Open docufilms being shown on Sky Golf. 1984 Open at St Andrews. Seve, Langer, Watson - and Peter Alliss narrating. The punch of the air. The little bounces. The joy. A joy.

Last edited:

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The Open docufilms being shown on Sky Golf. 1984 Open at St Andrews. Seve, Langer, Watson - and Peter Alliss narrating. The punch of the air. The little bounces. The joy. A joy.
Sat at the 18th all day--what an atmosphere all day/the applauding of each 3 ball/great memories (and good nights-I think;))

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I watched the 1970 open film with the great Henry Longhurst commentating.

I wonder if Doug Sanders ever had a day afterwards when he didn't think about that three foot putt to win ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I watched the 1970 open film with the great Henry Longhurst commentating.

I wonder if Doug Sanders ever had a day afterwards when he didn't think about that three foot putt to win ?
Must go find that…love Longhurst. I have Essential Henry Longhurst and whenever I read one of his Golf Illustrated columns in it I hear his mellifluous tones speaking to me.

Also have a similar compendium of writings by Peter Dobereiner…great writing but I don’t hear his voice quite as clearly as I hear Longhurst’s

Visit site
Had to get our youngest dog neutered last week [ at 8 yrs old]
Perhaps understandably - he was down in the dumps for a few days - but he's a happier lad today and took the collar off ....running around as usual barking for his supper
Oh and the Lass returns on Friday from France & fully vaxxed - so may get out again on the course once the hounds have their alternate keeper back