Things That Gladden The Heart

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had exactly the same on one test. I was in the right lane on a dual carriageway, I stayed there for a bit as I knew there were parked cars on the left lane further down and didn't want to be going left, right, left all the way down. Another driver just shot past me on the left and cut in front. Gave me a major fault saying somebody "had to" undertake me - even though I was doing the limit so he was effectively speeding.

Which time? Or all the times added together? :p I think I had 8 on the one I passed, but like 5 of them were for using mirrors which was nonsense.

I think if it's parked cars you should have got over because that's what their looking for that you follow the rules to the letter

When mine was he actually went round on unbroken white lines lol ?

D

Deleted member 1418

Not the opinion of the instructors I had at the time, but I'm sure you know best. (y)

Sorry I didn't bother reading your other posts so clearly missed something - why did they fail you so many times then?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry I didn't bother reading your other posts so clearly missed something - why did they fail you so many times then?
Because they're nit-picking jobsworths, I thought we covered this? :LOL:

I'm kidding obviously, I'm a pretty bad driver. But that doesn't preclude them from being jobsworths as well.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Because they're nit-picking jobsworths, I thought we covered this? :LOL:

I'm kidding obviously, I'm a pretty bad driver. But that doesn't preclude them from being jobsworths as well.

Oh don't, Toyota Romford failed my car mot for illegal number plate, even tho the same mot tech passed it year before. He tried to claim standards had changed, they hadn't at all. So I did have a kick off at the manager as THEY had put the plate on 5 years before when it was brand new.. so they let me drive an illegal plate for 5 years (never pulled over for it)

They gave me new plates and passed it and refund the mot cost as an apology

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Andrew Lloyd Webber today very strongly and very critically standing up for the Performing Arts sector and wondering just what the h**l is going on. Because what is happening to that sector and those employed in it is, quite frankly, scandalous. And when our local arts venue or theatre is no longer there when we bother looking for it in the coming months or next year - well we might indeed wonder why, but we will not be able to say that we weren't warned as ALW has done that very loud and clear today. His warning is for me very welcome indeed and I am glad to hear it stated so firmly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1418

Enough already

It’s a thread about good things, let’s keep it that way please

Surely clarifying Orikoru isn't going to harm himself is a good thing?!!! Afterall it's dangerous enough as it is out on the roads with women behind the wheel......... ????

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Seeing my course looking and playing so fab for the mixed gender (no not trans ?) England U18 Championship that started today. And cool seeing live pictures from the course. Gosh are these very best lads and lasses just superb golfers - max h/cap for boys playing was +1 and for girls it was 2.

Streamed via my club Facebook and England Golf facebook and web sites if anyone interested. Live from 10am tomorrow. For a unpretentious traditional members club such as ours, surrounded by nationally and internationally recognised and renowned courses as we are, this is such an honour in our 125th anniversary year and it’s just great!