Things That Gladden The Heart

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
My 6 year old Daughter was selected to represent her school in a small athletics competition, and she did brilliantly this morning - her 400M time may have been better had she not stopped to wave at some other parents she knew, and she let a boy beat her in the 75m as she didn't want him to be beaten by a girl.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
My 6 year old Daughter was selected to represent her school in a small athletics competition, and she did brilliantly this morning - her 400M time may have been better had she not stopped to wave at some other parents she knew, and she let a boy beat her in the 75m as she didn't want him to be beaten by a girl.
A Diplomat in the making! She should, however, 'loose that attitude' - wherever she acquired it!!

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have to say that my daughter did a similar thing in junior school. 60yd race, in the lead, looked round to see where the others where and slowed down so her friends could catch up.

She did win the wellie throwing comp though (y)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Picking up a half doz each of Neil Diamond and Carpenters albums (vinyl) for free. This gets me having a listen to more than the stuff we all know to see if my prejudices of the past are valid - dull and dated MoR or actually quality well produced songs delivered by class acts...

Also at the same time picked up for free Moody Blues Seventh Sojourn and Best of Peggy Lee. Now I like the Moodies album, but never had it on vinyl, and Peggy Lee is just sheer class.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Picking up a half doz each of Neil Diamond and Carpenters albums (vinyl) for free. This gets me having a listen to more than the stuff we all know to see if my prejudices of the past are valid - dull and dated MoR or actually quality well produced songs delivered by class acts...
I'm going to throw this out there and I don't care. Neil Diamond has done some quality stuff that stands up today still. I can't tell you about all of his songs but I have a best of playlist that I often listen to. Listen with a clear mind and post back (y)

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm going to throw this out there and I don't care. Neil Diamond has done some quality stuff that stands up today still. I can't tell you about all of his songs but I have a best of playlist that I often listen to. Listen with a clear mind and post back (y)

Seen him live a number of times and a great entertainer with some great hits for sure.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
That I shall do. My starting point is that I like a fair bit of what both Neil Diamond and the Carpenters have done in the past - but I’m keen to listen to more than the ‘hits’ to see if the rest stands up to scrutiny or whether it falls into mega yawn MoR churn territory...

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Got a couple of his albums, that are 50:50. Great voice but some of his songs are great to hang yourself to.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Got a couple of his albums, that are 50:50. Great voice but some of his songs are great to hang yourself to.
That's probably why Best Of albums exist ?.

One of the first dates I had with my wife was me taking her to see The Roy Orbison Story at The Theatre royal in Newcastle. I thought it might impress but be fun at the same time. Boy, I should have done my homework ?. His life was a series of tragedies and his music matched it. Grim didn't cover it. I didn't make that mistake again ?