Things That Gladden The Heart

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I love our 4 weekly pay days .. that extra one a year is nice as a complete blank pay day with no bills to pay

Straight to the golf shop!
I don't know, I feel like I'd just spend all the money within 4 weeks instead of 4.5 or whatever, then there would eventually be a time where all my bills come out when I've still got over a week til payday and I'll be screwed. :LOL:

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't know, I feel like I'd just spend all the money within 4 weeks instead of 4.5 or whatever, then there would eventually be a time where all my bills come out when I've still got over a week til payday and I'll be screwed. :LOL:

Set up a system 10 years ago now

Have one bank that the wages go into and bills are taken from

Have another bank that's spending

(Also have a golf bank and a joint account for mortgage now lol added later)

Anyways leave exactly the bills money in the bills account and remove the rest

Then bills are covered everything else fair game ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Set up a system 10 years ago now

Have one bank that the wages go into and bills are taken from

Have another bank that's spending

(Also have a golf bank and a joint account for mortgage now lol added later)

Anyways leave exactly the bills money in the bills account and remove the rest

Then bills are covered everything else fair game ?
My system is similar, but it's more - on payday send a huge chunk of money to the wife to deal with. :LOL: Then it's only my own bills I have to worry about (phone, internet, loan repayment, credit card...)

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My system is similar, but it's more - on payday send a huge chunk of money to the wife to deal with. :LOL: Then it's only my own bills I have to worry about (phone, internet, loan repayment, credit card...)

Lol not a bad system

Ours is basically the other way

Payday I'll send the joint account a couple bags to cover all the bills that are joint

Then she buys the food lol

I think she gets a cracking deal ?

My only condition dont moan about what I buy golf wise aha

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
This, quite literally, gladdens the heart;

https://tooting.nub.news/n/st-george39s-hospital-surgeons-implant-worlds-smallest-pacemaker

Absolutely amazing the change in size in these. My father-in-law up to his death was St. George's longest surviving pacemaker patient, having had a total of 13 0ver 36 years. In his latter years a change became a day procedure and any adjustments were made remotely. I'd love to know what he would make of this development.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Getting a WhatsApp saying there’s a 4 ball booked for the 29th March and I’m one of the 4!
I don’t care where it is or the time

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Traditional Scottish shortbread made this morning using my mum‘s method has turned out spot on. Giving most of it to daughter’s b/f for his birthday tomorrow as he‘s a great fan of it. Angling for a reciprocation that involves a great deal on new clubs and a few free lessons to get going with them...??

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have spent the afternoon [hopefully] pigeon proofing our Skyrocket...
Did originally get some small mesh netting around the area the flying rats were attempting a nest build... But had to have a re-think as we got concerned it might trap our smaller and far better looking and friendlier garden visitors... Managed to get a loop of paracord around the tree about 15ft up and spiraled the tail down to squeeze in the loose foliage... Weather is way too good to spend the day indoors watching sport...