Things That Gladden The Heart

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Looking forward all day to the perfect evening...
Watching Midsomer Murders in a nice bubble bath with a chilled bottle of Reisling followed by fillet steak and chips for tea. :sleep:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sun was shining all day for a change. Walked round my club with my dad - he's been considering joining but we've been unable to play it yet, so I thought at least I could show it to him, and he seemed pretty positive about it. (y) Then had a two-man kickabout in the park in the afternoon with a mate while the sun was still up. Was nice to get some outdoor exercise in that wasn't deathly boring (i.e. going for a run).

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sun was shining all day for a change. Walked round my club with my dad - he's been considering joining but we've been unable to play it yet, so I thought at least I could show it to him, and he seemed pretty positive about it. (y) Then had a two-man kickabout in the park in the afternoon with a mate while the sun was still up. Was nice to get some outdoor exercise in that wasn't deathly boring (i.e. going for a run).

I envy you there. My dad's only 63 , retired but is awaiting knee surgery and even if they fixed it would be 2 years before golf and he isn't fit enough as it is

Would love to play with him again

Mainly because he is rubbish lol

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I envy you there. My dad's only 63 , retired but is awaiting knee surgery and even if they fixed it would be 2 years before golf and he isn't fit enough as it is

Would love to play with him again

Mainly because he is rubbish lol
When I started playing at 14-15 my dad would generally beat me. We both didn't play for years, but I got back into before he did and started playing every week while he was only playing a few times a year, so I beat him easily now. He's never been a member of a club though, I'm hoping he goes for it, he'll probably get a 5 day or a 'lifestyle' type membership so I can play with him in the weekday evenings in the summer and then have a pint. Really looking forward to it!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When I started playing at 14-15 my dad would generally beat me. We both didn't play for years, but I got back into before he did and started playing every week while he was only playing a few times a year, so I beat him easily now. He's never been a member of a club though, I'm hoping he goes for it, he'll probably get a 5 day or a 'lifestyle' type membership so I can play with him in the weekday evenings in the summer and then have a pint. Really looking forward to it!

Im trying to get him down the par 3 but he reckons the impact won't help his knee

I think he just running scared lol

He used to play footy in the garden with me. Until I was 14 . Nutmeged him that was it never played with me since lol

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
322d6722ddcbfe.jpg

90fb319b15e7cc.jpg

7b59d892210e3c.jpg

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
With a full moon and clear sky we are just back from a brisk 40min walk in the park by moonlight - bright moonlight is an amazing light by which to walk in the dark...

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Traditional Scottish shortbread made this morning using my mum‘s method has turned out spot on. Giving most of it to daughter’s b/f for his birthday tomorrow as he‘s a great fan of it. Angling for a reciprocation that involves a great deal on new clubs and a few free lessons to get going with them...??

Care to share the recipe?

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
First bit of baking in a long time for me today... Lads that I worked with have been in touch reminding me of promise, on retirement, that I'd be back at least once a year with a supply of my 'signature bake'... Thought I'd best have a trial run just to check I can still do it... Look a bit flat but it's all about the taste and as I shouldn't really sample them I am relying on neighbours for QC comments...

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had my jab yesterday and have suffered absolutely no affects at all, not even a sore arm.
I was done at Epsom racecourse ............................ and there were hundreds of us, and I mean hundreds.
The efficiency of these people was staggering and the only time I was waiting around was the 15 minutes post jab.
I was asked if I have anything I react badly to, I said anti-vaccers.
She nearly wet herself before agreeing and labeling them as dangerous fools .................... or words to that effect!!