Things That Gladden The Heart

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Finally got back on the badminton court tonight after 4 months without it! Had so much fun. Have really missed it. Played a lot of tennis lately but it's not quite the same.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
With Melbourne so much in the news these days I have found myself reflecting back to March of last year with huge gratitude, when I played Grampians Golf Club, Dunkeld, Victoria (with the most bonkers old set of hire clubs...:) )

Just a unique experience - playing golf in the Australian bush with wallabies, kangaroos and emus around - plus fantastic birds, weird plants and shrubs, and warnings of horrid creepies (so I kept out of the rough). It was very hot so Mrs SILH only walked the front 9 with me. Ground very dry - grass very threadbare (though it does come back in the rainy season) and playing to sandgreens. And all to the song of the Australian Magpie - just so evocative.

So very fortunate that we had the opportunity, and so very grateful that we took it.

https://www.grampiansgolfclub.com/

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Watching live playoff ice hockey - big screen TV - Lighting kicking seven bags of fertilizer out of Boston. Hopefully the start of a run to winning the Stanley Cup.

NearHull

Visit site
Fish and chips from the chippie. Lovely bit of cod tonight and no queue
I will not eat cod. i moved into the Humberside area approximately 5 years ago and started to get to know a few people , particularly on the golf course. One pp, whilst discussing fish and chips, stated that his wife had worked for over 25 years in a fish processing factory and consequently they would never eat cod due to the large number of cod worms that infect the fish. Haddock is their choice. A second pp, who owns a seafood distribution company stated that ”no one eats cod who lives in a fishing town, they all eat haddock, we pass on cod to inland areas and keep the haddock local”. Whilst these views may be a little extreme, they have been sufficient to influence me and mine, we never choose cod.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I will not eat cod. i moved into the Humberside area approximately 5 years ago and started to get to know a few people , particularly on the golf course. One pp, whilst discussing fish and chips, stated that his wife had worked for over 25 years in a fish processing factory and consequently they would never eat cod due to the large number of cod worms that infect the fish. Haddock is their choice. A second pp, who owns a seafood distribution company stated that ”no one eats cod who lives in a fishing town, they all eat haddock, we pass on cod to inland areas and keep the haddock local”. Whilst these views may be a little extreme, they have been sufficient to influence me and mine, we never choose cod.
Do you eat cheese? If so Google cheese mites. ?

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
You do realise the parasite attacks the cod family? And guess what family of fish haddock is in...

You’re having your leg pulled.

NearHull

Visit site
You do realise the parasite attacks the cod family? And guess what family of fish haddock is in...

You’re having your leg pulled.
Maybe, maybe not. The default fish offered in this area is Haddock, if you want Cod you have to specify it. These locals have been involved in the fishing industry for many years, I will go with the flow, they’ll probably know more about the industry than forum posters.

Wolf

Visit site
Lol, more like the 'bank of dad' for a new car!
Nah I'm lucky there she's saved her own money from working the last couple of years and paid her own way through college, literally never asks for a penny. Am really proud of her work ethic. Maybe dad will treat her to it though or cover her insurance to show her how proud I am ☺️

Mind you the taxi service remains open for my other 5 though so maybe I won't get time off either ?