Things That Gladden The Heart

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Flood repairs almost complete, the decorating should be hopefully finished by Wednesday .
Here's some progress pics .
The guys started on Monday stripping down ceiling, ripping up floors, stripping out full upstairs toilet /shower room .
New ceiling and coving up and plastered, HDMI + Optical audio cables + 3.5 mm earphone socket installed behind where i normally sit.
Toilet re floored and tiled , all units replaced, shower and Japanese bidet toilet too lol.
New 65inch telly arrives on Friday , ready to hang and play,:love::D:cool: .

Attachments

• 20200723_095751ceiling coming down r.jpg
    20200723_095751ceiling coming down r.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20200725_171223 wall tv r.jpg
    20200725_171223 wall tv r.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 12
  • 20200725_171255earphone socket r.jpg
    20200725_171255earphone socket r.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 20200725_171305ear socket 1 r.jpg
    20200725_171305ear socket 1 r.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20200725_173528bathroom r.jpg
    20200725_173528bathroom r.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 12

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
MaccyDs opening to sit down customers from tomorrow.....
Not going but at least the mahoosive queues for the drive through will subside..

Those queues are thing of the past ? Been none round here

Went after work other day in and out in 5 mins

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My 7 year old son, went and found his golf club and then started to smash golf balls around the garden, on his own accord. I never wanted to push him to do it, I wanted him to play, but knew I could not push it. He has had 2 golf lessons and seems to still enjoy it. He went down the range with my Dad and I, and enjoyed it .. we going to the range this afternoon see how we get on ?

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
About a month ago I emailed my boss with a proposal of my ideas to change the department I work in when all staff returned from furlough to enable us to work more as a team and therefore sell more. After a few back and forth emails we had a meeting today which will see my ideas implemented and me now overlooking the whole team. I was pretty nervous about suggesting the changes (which also included a **ballsy** basic salary increase for me) at such a difficult time, but he said he was impressed with my ideas and wants me to take ownership of the team. Feeling pretty happy right now.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Twisting the Missus arm and convincing her that we could do with upping the budget for a new car a bit and then basically agreeing to buying said new car today. Excited to get it now.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Twisting the Missus arm and convincing her that we could do with upping the budget for a new car a bit and then basically agreeing to buying said new car today. Excited to get it now.
If your buying new try car wow and get a haggle on ... it’s really fun ??

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
being reminded yesterday of a trip to Tain and Dornoch with 2 mates and one of thier friends, who grew up in Tain.

on the 1st tee the friend asked me how long i'd been a member at Tain, which at the times was about 6 years. "well i'm going to show you how to play this course its all about shaping shots and moving the ball" he says... he lost a ball off the tee on every hole until we got to the 12th:LOL::LOL:.

for the rest of the round and the next at Dornoch that afternoon he was asked on every tee "what shot shape are you hitting here"?:ROFLMAO:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Knowing the next time it's this hot we'll have built in aircon and won't be being deafened by the portable units we have now...

Thanks @fundy - your suggestion that we'd use it way more than just when it hits 30 degrees persuaded us to bite the bullet!

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
being reminded yesterday of a trip to Tain and Dornoch with 2 mates and one of thier friends, who grew up in Tain.

on the 1st tee the friend asked me how long i'd been a member at Tain, which at the times was about 6 years. "well i'm going to show you how to play this course its all about shaping shots and moving the ball" he says... he lost a ball off the tee on every hole until we got to the 12th:LOL::LOL:.

for the rest of the round and the next at Dornoch that afternoon he was asked on every tee "what shot shape are you hitting here"?:ROFLMAO:

A similar thing happened to me years ago. I had just got down to 6 or 7 and in the next weekend medal I was paired with two 28 handicappers. Right, I thought to myself, I'm going to show you two how to play golf. Needless to say I managed to rack up a 10 on the 1st hole (without losing a ball or going OOB) whilst they both had par 4s. I'm so glad that I did not say out loud my thoughts. I walked to the next tee in a state of bewilderment:)

YandaB

Visit site
Played the Old Course on Tuesday, wind 20mph gusting up to 40 mph and according to the caddy the pro's would have been off (fair enough, the greens would have been quicker and the ball would have been blown all over the place). Managed 3 birdies (one lip out eagle) (y), played to my handicap (y) plus:
On the road hole played the drive too close to the hotel and had to take a provisional, turns out it hit the new rubber roof and ended 5 feet from the provisional.
The 18th saw the first drive sail out of bounds but the second hit the path and end up on the green, missed the 30ft par putt by inches and tapped in to a round of applause to an onlooker (who presumably thought I had a birdie :) ), just a forum length 360 yard drive :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: (only slightly wind and path assisted!).
Fantastic day out, never before have I had to "imagine" a slope to cover the impact of wind when putting like that.