Things That Gladden The Heart

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Maybe, maybe not. The default fish offered in this area is Haddock, if you want Cod you have to specify it. These locals have been involved in the fishing industry for many years, I will go with the flow, they’ll probably know more about the industry than forum posters.
It could simply be the fact that haddock is the nicer fish? (Well, I'd agree!) So the locals keep the good stuff and ship the cod to the rest of us. Its what I'd do.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
You do realise the parasite attacks the cod family? And guess what family of fish haddock is in...

You’re having your leg pulled.

No he’s more or less correct, I’m a fisherman and eat a lot of haddocks which i prefer to cod, we sometimes catch cod which I cook, they do tend to have more worms than most fish, but as we get them fresh out the sea I discard any that have too many worms.

I should say that not all cod have worms in them.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
No he’s more or less correct, I’m a fisherman and eat a lot of haddocks which i prefer to cod, we sometimes catch cod which I cook, they do tend to have more worms than most fish, but as we get them fresh out the sea I discard any that have too many worms.

I should say that not all cod have worms in them.
I could go for some deep fried cod worms, nice beer batter maybe some curry sauce ?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Ask Alexa a question but ask in a whisper and see what happens :)
Also if, you ask Alexa to play music from the seventies or play jazz music or any other preference, if you hear a song you like, just say ''Alexa, I like this song'' she will memorise it and save it for later. Or if you say you don't like a song, she will skip to the next song

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ask Alexa a question but ask in a whisper and see what happens :)
Also if, you ask Alexa to play music from the seventies or play jazz music or any other preference, if you hear a song you like, just say ''Alexa, I like this song'' she will memorise it and save it for later. Or if you say you don't like a song, she will skip to the next song

I spent hours asking her strange questions - some from the net were hilarious "what is the value of pi?" brilliant.

Useful too. We bought it because we changed the decor and no clock! Good tip on the music. Is there a way to stop her telling me about it before playing it?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I spent hours asking her strange questions - some from the net were hilarious "what is the value of pi?" brilliant.

Useful too. We bought it because we changed the decor and no clock! Good tip on the music. Is there a way to stop her telling me about it before playing it?

I'm not sure but if I find out I'll let you know

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nope, not new-new, just new to me :D It's a 2015 420d, 30k miles on the clock in really good nick, previous owner's replaced it with a nice new M4 (not jealous). A joy to drive, a lot more fun than the two Toyota hatchbacks we had before :LOL:

Nice. You should be able to re-map it to about 230bhp.