Things That Gladden The Heart

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Seeing the World #6 lady amateur on her home club putting green at 3:30pm today as the rain started to fall and light was going. It’s what’s required. And oh yes…getting a wee wave from her…👍

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
…and I make no apologies or excuses for any of the following.

Popped into a charity shop and picked up three albums (vinyl) for £5 total when out doing a bit of food shopping this morning. Glen Campbell Greatest Hits; Rod Stewart Night on the Town and The Three Degrees When Will I See You Again.

Now GlenCs stuff is superb music; always enjoy a bit of Roderick and NotT has some classic stuff (ok - the vinyl is a bit knacked and crackly - but hey 1975); and TTD…

Now I love TSOP stuff and these three girls were actually superb deliverers of Gamble and Huff tracks. Used to scoff at them when old Charlie boy had them as his favourite group, but actually…though at the time they were maybe a bit ‘out of time‘…but what a good album. And little did I know back then that they were the vocals on MFSB…the magnificent and iconic ‘branding’ track for TSOP.

Last edited:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
…and I make no apologies or excuses for any of the following.

Popped into a charity shop and picked up three albums (vinyl) for £5 total when put doing a bit of food shopping. Glen Campbell Greatest Hits; Rod Stewart Night on the Town and Three Three Degrees When Will I See You Again.

Now GlenCs stuff is superb music; always enjoy a bit of Roderick and NotT has some classic stuff (ok - the vinyl is a bit knacked and crackly - but hey 1975); and TTD…

Now I love TSoP stuff and these three girls were actually superb deliverers of Gamble and Huff tracks. Used to scoff at them when old Charlie boy had them as his favourite group, but actually…though at the time they were maybe a bit ‘out of time‘…but what a good album. And little did I know back then that they were the vocals on MSFB…the magnificent and iconic ‘branding’ track for TSoP.
I watched the three degrees at the heart of the midlands in Birmingham. Ron Atkinson and three of his West Brom players were on the table at the side of us. I was 17 years old. They were very good.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I remember the extra long 12 inch white vinyl version of The Runner.
Since the majority of the time was instrumental only, it used to go down a storm in the clubs.
Even the hippies and heavy metal freaks liked it. Including me.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Odd happening at the golf range today.

The scene, a beginner golfer 2 bays away from me, my mate next to him then me. Beginner miss hits the ball, it hits the metal bay divider, then flies over my mate, bounces on the floor in my bay and I catch it on the pitching wedge I was using, one bounce into my hand and threw back to beginner who caught it!

All took less than a couple of seconds!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

The scene, a beginner golfer 2 bays away from me, my mate next to him then me. Beginner miss hits the ball, it hits the metal bay divider, then flies over my mate, bounces on the floor in my bay and I catch it on the pitching wedge I was using, one bounce into my hand and threw back to beginner who caught it!

Did you give a little bow or a theatrical flourish? I think the moment deserved it.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

No-one likes a showoff ;)

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I remember the extra long 12 inch white vinyl version of The Runner.
Since the majority of the time was instrumental only, it used to go down a storm in the clubs.
Even the hippies and heavy metal freaks liked it. Including me.
I actually had a copy of that on white vinyl