Things That Gladden The Heart

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Lovely story on BBC breakfast this morning. @Tashyboy might particularly interest you in your role with the BL. A man, Steve Davies, who cleans war graves, war memorials. The story started with him cleaning graves on Jersey from the napoleonic wars but I think it has expanded from there. He has full permissions etc, cleans the stones, restores them, tries to contact living relatives.

He tells the stories far better than I have, others help who have had tragedies, it's therapy for them.

A lovely piece, worth watching on catch up for those interested. It was on around 8.15/8.20 - 8.30
😖 sat at Gatwick.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Retirement.

It's awesome.

Message ends!
So the questions go…

Do I not miss work? What do you do to fill your time?

You gotta be kidding…😘

How’s about doing what I couldn’t, or just didn’t, previously do. And being available whoever needed for wider family support stuff.

Yes indeed. It’s awesome. 👍

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Apparently there is a shortage of maths teachers.

I would go back to work for £10,000 a day or £60 million for a year.
Just waiting for the PM to give me a call.
A seat in the House of Lords for doing so would be expected, of course.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
After being in bed at 9.30 on New Year’s Eve last year with man flu. I told missis T I am going somewhere warm this year. Listening to all the lads drop out of the fuddle golf coz of the weather. I am flippin glad I did.
PS Missis T said I am coming as well. 😁

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Apparently there is a shortage of maths teachers.

I would go back to work for £10,000 a day or £60 million for a year.
Just waiting for the PM to give me a call.
A seat in the House of Lords for doing so would be expected, of course.

that just doesn't add up 👍

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Retirement.

It's awesome.

Message ends!
So the questions go…

Do I not miss work? What do you do to fill your time?

You gotta be kidding…😘

How’s about doing what I couldn’t, or just didn’t, previously do. And being available whoever needed for wider family support stuff.

Yes indeed. It’s awesome. 👍

A month short of 6 years retired.

Do I miss it? Yes! I miss a lot of the people, and I miss the year end buzz as we chase down the numbers. Would I go back to 60 hour weeks? No, but 3 hours a day working in theatres and ICU would be fun. I’d even do it for pocket money, not a full wage. It would be great to be back on the tools, not behind a desk.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
A month short of 6 years retired.

Do I miss it? Yes! I miss a lot of the people, and I miss the year end buzz as we chase down the numbers. Would I go back to 60 hour weeks? No, but 3 hours a day working in theatres and ICU would be fun. I’d even do it for pocket money, not a full wage. It would be great to be back on the tools, not behind a desk.
Thing is. The sort of job I did I was never really involved with the drama of year end ‘chasing numbers’ stuff…and for the last 5 yrs or so of working I worked from home and rarely, mostly never, met (other than on-line) any of the teams and people I worked with.

As my company paid me to leave - and the pay off gave equivalent income to that I’d have earned if I’d continued working to my target retirement age - rather than look for another job just knocking it all on the head was a dead easy decision.

But if someone wanted to pay be a nice number to teach some maths then I could see me maybe doing it…though without ever taught the subject - or indeed done any teaching - I doubt I’d get any offers…no matter.

Last edited: