Things That Gladden The Heart

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Eating out at Plymout.. it is moderate-high price... but it gladdens to see that everywhere we went, we got man size portions of food on standard plates.... none of the London variant where you get two spoonful of pasta in a black square plate/clay tile..

Food portion served in restaurants should be standardised.. (easy to do with our new weight system)

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
IMHO Rod Stewart easily stole the show.
I don't think the Queen would appreciate most of the modern acts.

Really? I thought he massacred Sweet Caroline! Alicia Keys was amazing. Duran Duran - really impressed despite never really being a fan. Was Diana Ross miming?? Some strange sound moments through her microphone!

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Really? I thought he massacred Sweet Caroline! Alicia Keys was amazing. Duran Duran - really impressed despite never really being a fan. Was Diana Ross miming?? Some strange sound moments through her microphone!
We thought she was lip syncing , it was weird what was happening with her coat too and we thought her wig was going to come off at any moment ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We though Simon Le Bon looked and sounded great, and that the Duran Duran little set was fab. Bocelli’s Nessun Dorma was awesome.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Our street party yesterday afternoon. Girl across the road got road closure ok from council. I got a few tables from church and we strung some flag bunting across the road between our houses. We let the road WharsApp group know we were going to do it and anyone who fancied joining us could. We had no idea how many or few would join us. In the end I guess near 100 of our road and immediate vicinity were there. Meeting our neighbours, food, drink and kids running around freely and chalk drawing on the road. And the sun came out and it stayed dry. Splendid.

We have lived in our road for 26yrs and always had a very strong community feeling about it. Almost all of our neighbours and the families in the road have changed, but that feeling is clearly there in spades.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I also thought that last night Celeste singing What a Wonderful World with Buck Palace a vast screen for stunning images of our wonderful world was just simply..wonderful.

Overall I thought that the whole event was a fabulous advert for the UK, the production, light show, drones and visuals were incredible.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Bit surreal but 80 people in sunny Spain singing Land of Hope and Glory… at least the toast, “the Queen, the Duke of Lancaster,“ followed by ”God Save the Queen” was at full voice. A great day, traditional Ploughman’s Lunch with flags and bunting followed by much singing went down well.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Random tube strike today I knew nothing about. No I didn't mean to post this in irritations - I'm now back in bed for an extra half an hour since I'll be working from home instead of traveling in after all. :LOL: