Things That Gladden The Heart

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
And a reflection on the last weekend from a different perspective - one not commonly these days fully appreciated.

That the Queen's very strong Christian faith has formed the values she lives by and that gives and has given many of us the cause to celebrate her, values that have guided her life, words and actions - and that were reflected in the readings chosen for the Service of Thanksgiving. I do hope that she chose one very particular one - that from Philippians 4. And just for that alone she has my sincere gratitude as what it says to me is very important to how I, as imperfectly as I do, try to live my life also. She's done in far better than I. GStQ.

Last edited:

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
“what a beautiful world” dear god I have never heard such a terrible version.

Assuming we’re talking about Celeste, I couldn’t work out whether she was deliberately flat and tuneless, Tash. Half way through I had my fingers in my ears giving it big “La, la, la’s” just to drown out the din. I like to think I know decent music, but she absolutely murdered that song, and then some.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I couldn’t work out whether it was deliberately flat and tuneless, Tash. Half way through I had my fingers in my ears giving it big “La, la, la’s” just to drown out the din. I like to think I know decent music, but she absolutely murdered that song, and then some.
What I couldn’t understand is she has a fantastic voice, it just did not fit That version at all