Things That Gladden The Heart

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Went to see The Overtones last night in Basingstoke…four cool lads doing superb covers of classics mostly from the 50s through 80s. Our lad got us Guest tickets in middle of third row.

I could have been a bit sniffy and meh about them, but the crowd (mostly of a certain age and sex) were up for a having a good time and so we decided to just join in and it was great fun singing and dancing along.

Nice touch after the concert our lad had us backstage in his office for a while as he finished off, and while there the guys in the group popped in for a chat with us. Really nice down to earth guys buzzing after a great evening…and most heartening for us was how complimentary about our lad and the job he is doing with them on tour.??

Last edited:

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My 2 grandsons playing in a 9 hole competition, he got the 10 foot put after that ?.

It’s a fine line to teach them rules and how to behave on the course and at the same time let them have fun.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Went to see The Overtones last night in Basingstoke…four cool lads doing superb covers of classics mostly from the 50s through 80s. Our lad got us Guest tickets in middle of third row.

I could have been a bit sniffy and meh about them, but the crowd (mostly of a certain age and sex) were up for a having a good time and so we decided to just join in and it was great fun singing and dancing along.

Nice touch after the concert our lad had us backstage in his office for a while as he finished off, and while there the guys in the group popped in for a chat with us. Really nice down to earth guys buzzing after a great evening…and most heartening for us was how complimentary about our lad and the job he is doing with them on tour.??
…and just now my boy has given me and my Mrs an Overtones tour poster signed by the lads…oooh…careful - feeling too much man love ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Charles and Camilla on Eastenders. I don‘t watch soaps these days, but my Mrs suggested I watch the last 10minutes or so. I have, and it was lovely and heartwarming. ???????????