Things That Gladden The Heart

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I told my daughter to take young Bradley to another football team as the coaching was rammel. She did. He played his old team in there final game of the season earlier today. They won 5-1. It was only a five game league but they were undefeated and won the league winning all five. As I said to the daughter today, it’s not just about the winning but the standard of training and football is very good where he is at now. Before the game the other team whilst warming up ran past and one of the lads called Bradley a traitor. They are 9yrs old and I found it amusing.
He is chuffed to bits as last year his old team beat his new team and he got some serious ear bending at school the following day.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I told my daughter to take young Bradley to another football team as the coaching was rammel. She did. He played his old team in there final game of the season earlier today. They won 5-1. It was only a five game league but they were undefeated and won the league winning all five. As I said to the daughter today, it’s not just about the winning but the standard of training and football is very good where he is at now. Before the game the other team whilst warming up ran past and one of the lads called Bradley a traitor. They are 9yrs old and I found it amusing.
He is chuffed to bits as last year his old team beat his new team and he got some serious ear bending at school the following day.

9 year olds playing in a league where they know the standings?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
9 year olds playing in a league where they know the standings?

The league is called Kickstart and is affiliated to the FA. I didn’t know that til last week. I will try and post a photo of the league standings

Attachments

• 7C525D24-0CDF-4448-8E46-7D12C807CEAE.jpg
    7C525D24-0CDF-4448-8E46-7D12C807CEAE.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 17

YandaB

Visit site
Why not?? I know there are some leagues that want to be non-competitive and that is fine but I do think if there are teams that are good they want to play against similar or better and know where they stand as a result.
It's a recommendation from the FA that results are not published for under 11s. The idea is to keep the focus on performance and not results.
Edit. Checking this more thoroughly, the wording is much stronger than I recalled:
Standard Code of Rules Youth (SCORY) does not permit the publication of tables for these age groups although it is possible to publicise the results of Trophy events.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Why not?? I know there are some leagues that want to be non-competitive and that is fine but I do think if there are teams that are good they want to play against similar or better and know where they stand as a result.
You obviously haven't experienced the depression of 8-10 yr olds after (repeated ) defeats. Teams that are 'good' don't need tables to remind them either.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went 10-pin bowling on Saturday, first time in years. After a ropey first game, I managed my best ever score on the second game to seal the win - 153! Well chuffed with that. Also this one chap who was playing with us (acquaintance/a friend's boyfriend) was very competitive and trying to get me to rise to it, which I didn't - just laughed him off until the end when I'd beaten him and promptly rubbed it in his face. :ROFLMAO:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Went 10-pin bowling on Saturday, first time in years. After a ropey first game, I managed my best ever score on the second game to seal the win - 153! Well chuffed with that. Also this one chap who was playing with us (acquaintance/a friend's boyfriend) was very competitive and trying to get me to rise to it, which I didn't - just laughed him off until the end when I'd beaten him and promptly rubbed it in his face. :ROFLMAO:

Always easy with the bumpers up

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Because studies have shown that coaches value winning over development if there a
And that behaviour on and off the pitch gets worse.

Some adults value winning plastic trophies with kids than they do about the welfare of those kids.

Every football match I have coached or watched has been competitive. There is no such thing as a non competitive game. The kids always want to win they don’t care about points.

Most of the mini soccer leagues are seeded. So the best teams will very quickly be grouped together so are playing against a similar standard.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mr C Parson from the tech side of GM.
It took a while, but his persistence has finally sorted my 'No Notifications Conundrum'.
Well played, sir. (y)(y)(y)