Things That Gladden The Heart

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Salvaging my cheese and jalapeño sourdough loaf from certain disaster. It hasn’t risen like it should’ve done but it looks bloody lovely

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Lawn done, first cut this year , back yard pressure washed, just re-sanding and weed killer to apply tomorrow .
And thats me all set for the spring sunshine :eek:
Did mine yesterday ?

Attachments

• BCCCC3E1-4224-4E79-9547-0AC2138FD358.jpeg
    BCCCC3E1-4224-4E79-9547-0AC2138FD358.jpeg
    133.7 KB · Views: 28
  • D0B9E6EA-5C26-4B25-8A3D-B136D0523051.jpeg
    D0B9E6EA-5C26-4B25-8A3D-B136D0523051.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 30
D

Deleted member 3432

1st day skiing since March 2019, absolutely boiling in Salzburgerland but fabulous spring conditions. My 8 year olds 1st time skiing outside of the UK and he loved it although he is totally knackered :ROFLMAO:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My lad got a ‘last minute’ call Friday afternoon asking if he could go to Manchester to ‘rep’ The Fratellis gig at Manchester Academy that evening - the promo company rep for the gig had to do one at the Manchester Arena, and they knew my lad was dependable, had hung in there for them during the pandemic, and would go the extra mile for the business.

He did it, and it was brilliant. @3000 capacity his biggest venue to date - and another important step up…

So pleased for him after the rubbish of the last two years.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My lad got a ‘last minute’ call Friday afternoon asking if he could go to Manchester to ‘rep’ The Fratellis gig at Manchester Academy that evening - the promo company rep for the gig had to do one at the Manchester Arena, and they knew my lad was dependable, had hung in there for them during the pandemic, and would go the extra mile for the business.

He did it, and it was brilliant. @3000 capacity his biggest venue to date - and another important step up…

So pleased for him after the rubbish of the last two years.
What does 'repping' involve? Is it technical stuff or something else?
Good on your lad for stepping in.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Watching the Valspar on TV and seeing a lot of friends and colleagues around the 18th - wish I could have been there of course but still nice to recognise a lot of familiar faces.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
What does 'repping' involve? Is it technical stuff or something else?
Good on your lad for stepping in.
Not so much technical. Basically represents the Promoter at the venue: on the day liaising with the venue on behalf of the band; making sure the set up of the venue for the band/artist needs is as would be expected; layout of venue facilities; safety and exits; security in place; overseeing unloading and stage setup then loading back to trucks at end of night; checking numbers attending against tickets sold; and making sure that the band has all food and refreshments they require on the evening…and he’ll liaise directly with the band on day to get anything they might need different from what they ask for on an ongoing basis through a tour.