Things That Gladden The Heart

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
What did you make of the Masterchef final? I thought the eventual winner was lucky to get through and the other two were head and shoulders above him. Then the lad who smashed every round made a right cock up in the final and the other did bloody steak and chips ?

What are you doing to me man, I've still got 2 episodes to watch :censored:

D

Deleted member 3432

Some absolutely stunning photos taken from Scottish hills and Lake District fells the couple of days during the cloud inversion conditions.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Getting a reasonable (but wiped out by inflation) pay rise without having to kick up a fuss.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The Mrs needs an MRI scan on an intestinal problem...thought she was going to have to wait until mid January
Got a call an hour ago - there's a cancellation at 6 if you want it...
Off to SMH for the 3rd time today...blood tests for her at 9, booster for the Boy at 3, MRI at 6....might see if I can get on the payroll

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Dentist tells me that CT scan shows that dental implants for a couple of my teeth would not be ‘simple’ and that additional surgery or bone ‘transplanting’ would be required.

As simple implants would cost £5000 for the pair, the cost of what I’d need would be thousand(s) more. Well…that rules that out. But is was good to know as getting implants for a couple of my teeth have been sitting in back of my mind as an option even though I had no idea how much they’d cost. Now that I do, I can happily rule out that option. Happy days…I think.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Learned how to do kerf cut bending for the set of speakers I am working on. It's bloody difficult but it's also pretty cool when it works. Once it's wrapped in some nice veneer, I think they will be the best looking to date.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Learned how to do kerf cut bending for the set of speakers I am working on. It's bloody difficult but it's also pretty cool when it works. Once it's wrapped in some nice veneer, I think they will be the best looking to date.

We did this when making a bespoke bed frame for someone, the curve was massive with a cherry veneer finish, was bigger than king size, made it fully in workshop then broke it down to get fitted.
They got all the bedding handmade as well as bed wasn’t a standard size ?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
We did this when making a bespoke bed frame for someone, the curve was massive with a cherry veneer finish, was bigger than king size, made it fully in workshop then broke it down to get fitted.
They got all the bedding handmade as well as bed wasn’t a standard size ?

It was hard to get the spacing and depth of cut right but once I got it the result was pretty decent. I imagine on a larger scale would be challenging as this is only 4 panels that are 250 x 220 mm.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
It was hard to get the spacing and depth of cut right but once I got it the result was pretty decent. I imagine on a larger scale would be challenging as this is only 4 panels that are 250 x 220 mm.

It was a big challenge and that was about 20 years ago, remember it well due to how complex it was, the amount of clamps on it was ridiculous ?

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
21 - 12 - 21

A special day – the solstice – the turn of the year.

If my mother were alive, she would be 97 today, her birthday.
She had a long and interesting life.
This is the fourth such day without her.
That is how long it has taken for it to gladden and not sadden my heart to think of her on this day of the year.

If you still have a mother
Or a mother-in-law
Tell her that you love her
Sometime over the next few days

Don’t say it because I ask you to
Or because you think you ought to
Say it because it is true

You can do this for me
It will gladden my heart
More importantly, it will gladden hers

Thank you.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Sunrise today scheduled for 8:20, and the sky is just starting to brighten. Not a cloud in sight so it should be a warm one.

Sunset scheduled for 17:57, so should be dark around 18:30

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Few days until Christmas. Not back in until boxing day.

Hopefully round of golf Thursday
Tomorrow off to some Santa workshop on a local farm we booked last year and was postponed to this year . Kids older now so will love it more

That and wife's preparing to cook a lovely dinner on the big day

Magical

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
What did you make of the Masterchef final? I thought the eventual winner was lucky to get through and the other two were head and shoulders above him. Then the lad who smashed every round made a right cock up in the final and the other did bloody steak and chips ?

Ok so now it's safe...agree that Dan was generally behind the other two but just warmed to him. The lack of confidence somehow always appeal to my heart! Liam...oh Liam...could have cried for him. What an intense young man. Can't recall the name of the other guy but didn't warm to him as much for some reason...