Things That Gladden The Heart

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
I have a selection of rum and 2 4 packs of Bundaburg ginger beer so may be doing similar
It’s just such an easy drinking cocktail. The ginger really lifts it and makes it refreshing. Well, until you’ve had about ten of them! I may need to stop and get some bitters on the way home. I love that aspect of it.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
It’s Friday and I’ve got a nice, chilled out weekend ahead. I’ve got some dark rum and ginger beer in so I can have a few dark and stormies tonight and get over what’s been a very stressful work week.

Best thing I have found recently is Dead Mans Fingers coffee rum. Shot of that with some Guinness, some diet Coke and a shot of espresso is a wondrously dangerous thing :D

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It’s Friday and I’ve got a nice, chilled out weekend ahead. I’ve got some dark rum and ginger beer in so I can have a few dark and stormies tonight and get over what’s been a very stressful work week.
What is the mix ratio? 2:1, 3:1 etc? I have rum in and from nowhere a tin of ginger beer has appeared in the fridge. I will try this tonight.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
What is the mix ratio? 2:1, 3:1 etc? I have rum in and from nowhere a tin of ginger beer has appeared in the fridge. I will try this tonight.
Hit up YouTube and you’ll see the mix is really quite light on the rum. Don’t go too heavy with the rum but as the night goes on I bet I get closer to a 1:1 mix. ?

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It’s just such an easy drinking cocktail. The ginger really lifts it and makes it refreshing. Well, until you’ve had about ten of them! I may need to stop and get some bitters on the way home. I love that aspect of it.

Just take it easy (and enjoy )!
Don't use it as an escape--Believe me, it's no fun looking at the world through the bottom of a glass(n)

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Just take it easy (and enjoy )!
Don't use it as an escape--Believe me, it's no fun looking at the world through the bottom of a glass(n)
Oh man, no that’s not something I do. I’m very much into my “craft beer” (I sort of hate that term but it’s all most people understand) and despite a crappy year I’ve never resorted to that. When I’m feeling especially down I’ll actually steer clear of the sauce completely.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
The hotel was prefer to use when staying near Silverstone for the MotoGP came up today with a room available for the weekend on IHG points. Managed to get it booked and got it as an Executive Suite too. (y):)

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The hotel was prefer to use when staying near Silverstone for the MotoGP came up today with a room available for the weekend on IHG points. Managed to get it booked and got it as an Executive Suite too. (y):)

Hi there S,....Probably just as well not out in the Invitational today as it's teeming down here and a bit on the gusty side-SO I suppose this post qualifies as 'Things -that -gladden-the-heart'??
You/Casuk/williamalex1 and myself (when I'm a bit fitter and stop using the NHS facilities:whistle:) will sort out a game /and where to play??

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nottingham Rock City. I had 6 tickets for a gig there in 2 weeks. Between the sky high hotel prices, nobody wanting to drive and continued covid nerves, we decided we did not want to go.

I emailed the venue as I did not want to support ticket scalping companies and asked if there was anything they could do. They keep a waiting list for just such events, they immediately refunded me the face value of the tickets and sold them straight on to a proper fan at face value. That is how to keep the scalpers out of the back end of the market at least, it was such a painless experience.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
As good a place as any to post this
28 days start to finish to get passport renewed, from 6000 miles away (inc sending old one, p/work etc) Got new one in my hand an hour ago

Media were saying last month there's a 10 week delay, not counting overseas :unsure:

Now if only I could travel anywhere.....

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
As good a place as any to post this
28 days start to finish to get passport renewed, from 6000 miles away (inc sending old one, p/work etc) Got new one in my hand an hour ago

Media were saying last month there's a 10 week delay, not counting overseas :unsure:

Now if only I could travel anywhere.....

Will let you know how it works from over here. My application went in on Friday. Really easy to do with the online renewal.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Will let you know how it works from over here. My application went in on Friday. Really easy to do with the online renewal.

I was impressed with the amount of text messages/emails from HMPassport updating the status of the order at every stage, then DHL took over and plenty contact from them too for the delivery
Just taking the pic with mobile phone makes a huge difference to the old way (remember the anxiety getting PO to check your paperwork was all in order etc & return trips)

As you say, all in all very easy now (& with no comment on the reason, of course it now has a fetching dark blue cover)

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was impressed with the amount of text messages/emails from HMPassport updating the status of the order at every stage, then DHL took over and plenty contact from them too for the delivery
Just taking the pic with mobile phone makes a huge difference to the old way (remember the anxiety getting PO to check your paperwork was all in order etc & return trips)

As you say, all in all very easy now (& with no comment on the reason, of course it now has a fetching dark blue cover)

I went to Timpsons. For a very reasonable £10 they provide a USB stick with your pictures on, 4 hard copy pictures plus they have the picture checked on the Govt website to confirm that it is OK and provide a code to put in instead of uploading. Really good service.